Chapala.com Webboard

Where in GDL to pay photo radar ticket

Got a photo radar ticket in the mail yesterday. Unfortunately it was from April so the expiration date to qualify for the discount was June 10th. And to make matters worse, the envelope it came in had no postmark date! But the worst part is I'm told I have to go to GDL to pay for it!?!? Can someone tell me where I go to pay this?

Gracias

I went there and there was a Mexican man there with my same dilemma and he's the one who told me I had to go to GDL. He certainly seemed to know what he was talking about, but now I'm starting to wonder.

Any other feedback will be greatly appreciated!!!

I suggest you let the clerks there tell you if you can't pay it there. I have friends who paid some old ones there just last week.

In the past, I have paid some old tickets without a problem.

you can pay it in every oxxo...

information beside: Foto infractions are against the mexican constitution, so they are not allowed.

I have a lawyer that cancels them for 200 pesos. I sum them up (yes i get a lot of them :) and when i have 4 i give them to the lawyer and he takes care of it. :)

if someone need more information PN

information beside: Foto infractions are against the mexican constitution, so they are not allowed.

I have a lawyer that cancels them for 200 pesos. I sum them up (yes i get a lot of them :) and when i have 4 i give them to the lawyer and he takes care of it. :)

Sure. I'll buy that for a dollar!

I am willing to wager that come the time for renewal in Jan you will find the fines still on your record...pay up or no new sticker

Not sure why you are proud about the fact you get a lot of tickets and know how to cancel them. Fist of all you speed too much secondly you don't even see those cameras coming even though they are clearly visible so or you are not driving carefully enough or you just don't care. Just pay those tickets. You did something wrong and you know that. Even though those infractions are against the constitution it helped a lot in how people are driving in gdl. I drive a lot on periferico and the number of people who are racing there dropped drastically since they started with those foto infractions. The more people who know how to get away with those tickets the worse the people start to drive again and that won't help anyone. And next time just go away a few minutes earlier and you don't need to speed.

Some of these cameras are not clearly visible like the one they stick in the median north of Ixtlahuacan without any warning signs.

This is just yet another government racket to steal from you. It has little or nothing to do with traffic safety. Do a little reading up on the topic and you'll get the picture.

I've noticed that these cameras are on four lane divided roads in open areas yet are pegged to artificially low speed limits, 80 klicks (50 mph) or less. Just what are they preventing other than the smooth flow of traffic?

Unfortunately, another "import" from the USA police state. At least they are cheap here and don't go on your insurance.

Ironically, people are fighting this racket and winning up there. If it is against the Mexican Constitution why is it still going on and growing like a cancer here?

i am not proud at all. Like Mainecoons say.... what for is this radar in Ixtlahuacan... nobody lives there and it is only for the purpose of making money. If they want me to pay... then they should change the constitution. If i do sg wrong against the constitution, i also have to see the consequences...

People whine about how lawless Mexico is,then they whine when Mexico tries to enforce some traffic laws,like speed limits and DUI laws.

BTW,the military checkpoints on carreteras are supposedly unconstitutional but I don't hear many complaints about them.

Do you really think this has anything to do with traffic safety cbviajero? Have you paid attention to where they put these cameras?

No one mentioned DUI laws, why did you bring that up? I think you'll find plenty of support for getting the drunks off the road. That's real traffic safety enforcement, something that posting ridiculously slow speed limits and then sticking cameras next to them is not.

This is a racket about taking money from the public, period. It's an even bigger racket NOB but up there the public is starting to fight back.

Something else, I'll bet you'll find the people who own these cameras probably take most of the money. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it is another one of those sweetheart deals like those parking zones in Chapala.

One thing is certain, the money isn't being spent on fixing Jalisco's pothole riddled roads.

Archived