Chapala.com Webboard

Ford Dealerships Guad

Thinking of buying new Ford product. Model not impotant to this topic.

What I want to know is if anyone has pros or cons in dealing with various Ford dealerships

in the city -- point of sale, warranty service, after-warranty service, etc.

Thank you!

We had a nightmare with Placencia, on Lopez Mateos, we bought a brand new Ecosport and it was a lemon, the transmission went out on it at 1,000kms. They would take it for work and leave us with no car, then they would come and pick us up and we would take the car home and it still did not work right, then they would take us home again with no car to use, this happened at least a dozen times, they finally sort of fixed the transmission by replacing it with another one, then the window on pass side started not working then the stereo went, we went round and round with the owner I don't know how many times and he would not work with us.

We traded it straight across with a Nissan A-trail that we had no problems with.

Stay away from Placencia is our warning, if you have problems you are screwed!!!

Speaking of Fords, “They have no practical use and will not last.“ So said my grandfather, a small town merchant, when offered a dealership in the early 1920s. He kept his paint and paper store instead, until he died in 1951.

Not a thing, Jerry. Just having a little fun on a very boring Easter Sunday, since I am now too old to celebrate fertility rituals with all the egs, rabbits, chicks, flowers and dressed up ladies. However, I did ride in a 1929 Ford Model A last week, so they can last if you take care of them, but that one still needed a lot of work.

Speaking of Fords, “They have no practical use and will not last.“ So said my grandfather, a small town merchant, when offered a dealership in the early 1920s. He kept his paint and paper store instead, until he died in 1951.

F=fix

O=or

R=repair

D=daily

Archived