Chapala.com Webboard

Angie from Richard's Restaurant?

Britguy

All you fans of Richard's, has anyone seen Angie working there lately? The last several times we were there, she wasn't, and the new owners were rather vague......Does anyone know if she's OK? Seeing her with her bright smile and friendly service were one of the highlights of dining out there! Boy, she is such a gem, I can't imagine they might have let her go! Please post if you have any info.....

I have missed Angie the last few times I have dined there also. I hope She is doing well. I doibt the new owners would have made the mistake of letting her go. She is a gem and the reason a lot of clients went there.

Remember Rosie posting that Angie had to undergo an emergency hysterectomy towards the end of their ownership. Hope this is not related and she is just taking some well deserved vacation time. I think we all enjoyAngie as an integral part of our dining experience there.

Whatever the reason, I hope she is back soon.

Angie was from California, I believe, and is fully fluent in English, but struggled a bit with her Spanish when she first arrived at Lakeside. We first met her when she worked briefly at the American Legion, before going to work at Richard‘s.

We wish her well, wherever she is.

She was healthy, recovered and working when the new owners reopened in Nobember, and worked Christmas Day. I agree with Britguy that the new owners have been vague. I have a friend who is in contact with Angie and am waiting to hear how and where she is.

I think some of these post are getting weird..and getting into the pants of the owners....now we have folks giving innuendos ... ..I guess if you have investment in a (the) restaurant you get to vote who gets hired and who gets to be let go...

There must be dozens of comings and goings in the restaurant business at Lakeside...maybe if we do not see your spouse around we should all in quire why is he/she missing, is he sick, did you have an argument, did you get divorced....

Not at all, Lakeside 7. Some of us knew Angie before Richard‘s and enjoyed seeing her so happy there and having her be our waitress. Yes, it is true, she was part of the attraction to dining at Richard‘s, at least in our case.

At the moment, since some have reported her absence recently, we are simply concerned and curious to know if she is well and happy. Were we still there, we would simply ask the new owners and hope for a response that was not “vague“.

I'm with Xena and lakeside7 (!) on this one... it's none of our business unless we are actually at the restaurant asking directly of the owners. And if they prefer to be vague at that time, they have their reasons.

And I for one, while always appreciating friendly service, eat there because of the food and the prices.

I don't think expressing concern and best wishes for someone who so many of us know and like very much and who has been a fixture and part of the success of this restaurant since it opened is at all out of line. I hope somehow she gets a copy of this and knows how much love and support she has.

I don't think expressing concern and best wishes for someone who so many of us know and like very much and who has been a fixture and part of the success of this restaurant since it opened is at all out of line.

And I think we all agree with you on that, but when people start second-guessing the owners, that's a different story altogether.

Archived