Chapala.com Webboard

I rented at the Moon property. The owner has many rescue barking dogs, the place is so run down, the unit was so dirty I had to hire Spring Clean to clean it and I had to buy my own TV. It was impossible to live there, so I had to leave after 2 months of a year lease. The worst part, I had to hire a lawyer, get a judgement against the owner and the owner still refused to refund my $2,000 security deposit and last months rent!

I rented at the Moon property. The owner has many rescue barking dogs, the place is so run down, the unit was so dirty I had to hire Spring Clean to clean it and I had to buy my own TV. It was impossible to live there, so I had to leave after 2 months of a year lease. The worst part, I had to hire a lawyer, get a judgement against the owner and the owner still refused to refund my $2,000 security deposit and last months rent!

Did all these problems go unnoticed by you until after you moved in? Did you vacate without notice, breaking a lease? You're raising a dozen questions.

Lexy

Did you rent the whole of the property on the street or only part of the property? Did you inspect the whole property before taking occupancy? Did you advise the property owner of any problems you documented prior to taking occupancy? Was a TV included as part of your renta agreementl? Were the owner's dogs part of the rental of your part of the property, if you only rented part of the property? Did you inform the owner of the property the problems you documented within two weeks of your rental initiation? When did you rent the property? When did you inform the owner of problems in writing? How did you inform the owner of the problems? When did you inform the owner that you were vacating the property? When did you move out? These would clarify the basis of your concerns and your potential options. Are you living in Mexico now and have you located a property that meets your expectations?

http://www.rbghomestore.com/billy-moon/

Billy Moon began his design career in the early 1980's with a series of unique home accessories crafted from metal and clay which he aptly named the Moon Collection. Building on his success of his first line of accessories, Billy made the decision that proved to skyrocket his success and reputation by opening his own production center in Mexico which began producing a number of designs exclusively for the leading home decor retailers in the industry.

Billy Moon's designs have garnered praise from his peers and clients alike earning him a collection of awards, among them winning the ARTS award, considered the most prestigious award in the home furnishings industry an astonishing three consecutive years.

Born, raised and educated in Texas, Billy holds a B.A. in economics along with an M.B.A in international business from the University of Dallas. Billy's extensive business acumen along with his eye for design combine to produce a line of products that blend supreme style with affordability.

Today Billy Moon resides in China, the headquarters of his design studios aptly named Moonstyle where he develops new designs and refines his highly sought after mainstays. His iconic status in the home furnishings industry and his highly respected reputation for quality and cutting edge designs is evident in his extensive catalog of wall mirrors, home lighting and home accessories.

http://www.rbghomestore.com/billy-moon/

Billy Moon began his design career in the early 1980's with a series of unique home accessories crafted from metal and clay which he aptly named the Moon Collection. Building on his success of his first line of accessories, Billy made the decision that proved to skyrocket his success and reputation by opening his own production center in Mexico which began producing a number of designs exclusively for the leading home decor retailers in the industry.

Billy Moon's designs have garnered praise from his peers and clients alike earning him a collection of awards, among them winning the ARTS award, considered the most prestigious award in the home furnishings industry an astonishing three consecutive years.

Born, raised and educated in Texas, Billy holds a B.A. in economics along with an M.B.A in international business from the University of Dallas. Billy's extensive business acumen along with his eye for design combine to produce a line of products that blend supreme style with affordability.

Today Billy Moon resides in China, the headquarters of his design studios aptly named Moonstyle where he develops new designs and refines his highly sought after mainstays. His iconic status in the home furnishings industry and his highly respected reputation for quality and cutting edge designs is evident in his extensive catalog of wall mirrors, home lighting and home accessories.

I really liked Billy Moon way back when he was here, loved his furniture and other designs. Have some in my home right now. But what has this got to do with the OP's posting?

Lexy

Mexpat06--Please excuse my above comment. I'm thinking now that your Billy Moon background was provided in answer to my question about what was the Moon property referred to in the OP's posting. So this piece of real estate is now called the Moon property. Interesting, since he's so long gone from the area.

Lexy

That property has been neglected for a long time. Billy Moon had a lot of trouble focusing after the death of his father, then Hacienda swooped in, sucking up everything in their wake. The house was for sale for many, many years - it probably still is. As a designer house it is interesting, but certainly, for example, not to the level of Gianni Versace's mansion in South Florida. Too small for a boutique hotel.

It is across the street from the (new) Tabarka restaurant. It is on the lake - the rumor is that this whole area is to be rebuilt as apartments, this would probably include the Moon property (as a restaurant/clubhouse) but I don't really know, aside from a casual conversation. Billy Moon made the place work by flying in his customers and potential buyers and entertaining them.

"And why is a first time poster, who named him/herself moon property complaining about what a dump he named himself after on the very first post? This is getting strange, but funny."

If I had a horrible experience at a property, I would not choose to forever identify myself on a web board by the name of the place where I had such an awful time. But, I am sure Moonproperty has his/her reasons.

There are two pieces of property, adjacent to one another. A friend and I took a look at the "factory" side when we were foolishly thinking about a business. At the time, the price for that piece was $450,000.00 USD. It was pretty much a ruin. We figured it would take twice that amount to make it into anything. The "mansion" on the other side was also for sale for $1,200,000.00 USD. We weren't interested in that so we didn't go and look. It would have been interesting.

I was at the "MOON" property about a year ago for a dinner party. I had previously seen the property back in 2005, at that time is was in really bad shape. Last year I was very impressed in that the property had been restored and IMO it was very nice. Have not seen it for over a year so I can't comment on it's present state. I had a friend who also rented there for several months and she left for various reasons.

I also remember Billy and his happy singing artisan team....which was interesting and entertaining by itself. Recently, I was pointed at few pieces from his factory in other people's home. They seemed to be proud of owning them.

Very nostalgic about those times.

Does anyone know if the employees who were owed a lot of money when he closed up ever received a settlement? The union had a big fence around that place for a number of years. We had an employee who had driven truck for Moon who said he lost a bunch of wages. Lost track of him over the years so wondering if they ever got some money.

There were other dark stories about what went on there, not the place to discuss them.

Archived