Chapala.com Webboard

Experience New Ophtalmologist

Hi everybody.

I checked my eyes today with a new doctor in town. Found her Flyer on my car and got 30% off :):DB)

Her name is: DRA. CLAUDIA CAMACHO CHOZA.

And i just can recommend her. The atmosphere is great and the doctor is very professional.

The place is a little hidden, but its right next to the Fit for Life Gym at the entry of the Mirasol.

The contact you can find on her webpage: www.camacho-choza.com (tried to upload a pic of the business card, but could not figure it out :))))

Cheers

Mike

In all my years in Mexico, all my eye exams have been free, there was only a charge for glasses, if needed. Mike needs to work on his English, a little. :)

Just being helpful: the word in English is ophthalmologist. IMO, one does NOT shop for eye doctors by price. That would be like shopping for neurosurgeons by price. Ya want cheap??? Me, I have only one brain and two eyes; I like to be careful with them.

Mikechapala, how about starting a new thread on dentists? The good news is that there are a lot here in Ajijic.

Sadly, to most Americans, an eye doctor is an eye doctor, even if he is only an optometrist.

Mexicans know the dirrerence, as it is in the language: Oftomologo vs Optico.

I agree: I have been until now to three different "oftalmólogos" ^_^ in Mexico and always had to pay the "consulta".

But the best was yesterday. I really felt I was in professional care. And the machines are all new.

Will do Lasik surgery next month with her. Because she told me that I am not allowed to wear my contacts for one month, so the eye can relax and show its real shape. Thats also a sign for me that she works good, because I have been to another doctor who would had done the surgery right on the next day :blink:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

just wanted to update you.

I had my surgery done yesterday... and I am just so happy. I have a 100% vision. The surgery was done in Guadalajara- they picked me up from home, drove me to the clinic and brought me back after the surgery...

Everything was perfect.

Thanks Dra. Camacho.... :)

• 4 months later...

I recommended her on FACEBOOK a few days ago. I am reposting that recommendation.

https://www.facebook.com/camachochoza?fref=ts

I´ve referred several of my patients to Dr. Camacho for urgent eye care. They were all very pleased by her excellent level of expertise, care and bedside manner. After meeting and working with her I feel very confident about her level of expertise and professionalism. Her fluency in speaking English is top-notch. She has offices in the Chapala Lakeside and in Guadalajara. Needless to say, I highly recommend her.

Ah, thanks Mike. Hard to believe Dr. Laura is old enough to have such an accomplished daughter, she always seems so young to me. But then again, I'm an old lady. lol.Dr Laura did my corneal replacements and it was super. Will definitely try her daughter when I'm ready for an exam.

Yes, I'd also like that flyer!!

If you care to share more about your lasik/refractory surgery, I would love to hear. She comes well recommended and I desperately need vision improvement and perhaps a 2nd round of lasik if i am a candidate. Thank you for sharing.

I had a brief one eye blackout a few months after cataract surgery performed NOB.

I went to this wonderful new ophthalmologist and received one of the most professional, complete and personable eye examination this 75 year-old, life-time myopic, ever received.

I know that this doesn't address surgical competence, but the OP does.

you mix up here. I am talking about Dra Claudia Camacho Choza (daughter).

The one you are talking about is Dra Laura Choza in Guadalajara

Ok, so now I am getting confused. You had your surgery done by Dr. Claudia, the daughter in Guad and it was a positive experience.

What's the story on the mother? She is also an ophthalmologist and also does surgery?

Archived