Chapala.com Webboard

NADIA Needs a New Home!

NADIA began her life with a foreign owner. That lasted until the foreigner decided to return NOB, at which time she was handed over to the person's maid (at about 6 - 8 months old)!

Maid kept her (and loves her) until current employers took maid to Guadalajara to continue working for them there. Of course, Nadia was not part of this offer.

Maid's parents are Don Antonio (tall, thin, older car wash guy at SuperLake) and wife Sra. Rosa. Family loves all animals, and although very poor, have 5 cats, Paloma the dog, and Blue the BIG bunny -- all crowded into a shamble of house with no real door, dirt-floor yard, "stuff, etc. Of course, they took Nadia in without hesitation, but because of their crowded situation Nadia spends her days tied to a tree. (Yes, she has shade and water, and food when they can give it.)

They would love to keep her, but as Don Antonio told me "... she can eat a MOUNTAIN of tortillas....." and the cold, hard fact of life is they simply cannot add this largish girl to their skimpy budget.

"She needs her OWN home with a REAL family" is what he said to me when asking for help in re-homing. I've been over, and she is fine with other dog, cats, and the rabbit. She has a cauliflower ear from a dog attack while down on the lake one day with the maid -- results were the best a veterinarian could do -- but that does not affect her charming personality.

She's a whitish (mostly) German-Shepherd, age unknown (about 3??) and I doubt she's spayed. VERY sweet and kind.

See Don Antonio at Superlake, or go to Gonzalez Gallo 68D (down the street from old MailBoxes corner) in San Antonio and ask for Sra. Rosa or Don Antonio. PM me if you need help (she speaks no English.)

YES I HAVE A PHOTO. NO I CANNOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO POST IT!!! So SHOOT me! :angry:

(Anyone who wants to help can contact me, I will email it to you, and YOU can post it, please and thankyou.)

Many thanks to MtnMama for posting these pix, since I'm too dumb to figure out the process. LOVE your take on the damaged ear!

Yes, her coat would shine and she would be forever grateful, especially with some space to play.

• 3 weeks later...

Nadia is still waiting.... patiently.... for that special person. I saw her yesterday and she's well fed (didn't dare ask about diet) and stil a happy dog despite being tied up to the tree. The look of hope is her eyes when you pass by is almost too much to bear.........

Won't someone please think hard about this nice gal?

• 4 weeks later...

Was hailed down by Don Antonio (again) yesterday -- he's getting pretty desperate for someone to want this wonderful girl. They simply cannot afford to keep feeding her..........

Won't someone PLEASE give her a chance?

Northern Newbie, that would indeed be a GREAT help! IF you speak Spanish, you can go alone, OR I will be happy to meet and go with you -- know the family and can tranlsate. OR, if you prefer, you can bring the food to me and I'll get it to them -- they are only about 2-3 blocks from my house.

Please call 766-3580 and we can set things up, or I can give you directions. (Dog is in San Antonio)

Archived