Chapala.com Webboard

Question About Garage Sales

Years ago Chapala listed this rule: As of today no more items for sale are permitted to be posted on the board, please use our classified section (http://www.e-classifieds.chapala.com/), it was made specifically for this purpose. Offenders will be banned from using this board.

So some of us thought it was ok to just announce garage sales then I got warning points for doing so.

I see that some people are advertising sales again, is it allowed again? I PMed 2 moderators and got no response.

So can anyone from the Moderating team tell us what the rules are?

I haven't had a sale in 6 months and wondering if we can announce it here again?

Good question, Hensley. I'd certainly like to know.

A while back I got banned from posting for several weeks because I posted about some patio furniture I had for sale. "You know the rules," the moderator said to me (although actually I didn't). Yet around the same time a friend of mine who was moving posted her stuff for sale with details, pictures and prices and didn't get banned (and so sold her stuff to satisfied customers, good news all around). And am I recalling correctly that when RVGringo was leaving the area he announced on this website things for sale?

In fact, a garage sale was posted here just a few days ago.

What harm is done by posting a garage sale? Or even just an item or two to sell?

So please let us know the answer to Hensley's question.

Lexy

Lexy

One of the best parts of the board was knowing about sales and items for sale. I forget to check the special area ... Find it hard to use when I do ... Can't trip over the surprise item I didn't know I needed. Really wish it could return to the old way.

Carol

Archived