Chapala.com Webboard

Recommendation for hand painted furniture

Over the years I have had Noe at Arte Amanceer in Riberas paint wooden furniture for me. He is located across the road and a bit to the west of Mom's, a few doors to the west of the huge new auto parts store in Riberas. Most recently, I had him build me a custom coffee table and paint it. He said it would be done in a week, it was, and he delivered it to me (I don't live very far away). I thought the price was more than reasonable, and I adore it. He will do what you ask, and has lots of pieces in his shop that you can look at for ideas. If you're looking for an accent piece painted in Mexican style, I can't recommend Noe highly enough.

I totally agree..We have used his services and talent for over 10+ years..He has built custom matching shelving for our kitchen. Numerous cabinets,chairs, end tables, desks, benches,stools ,,etc. Just today I purchased a huge Talavera bowl that my wife has been eyeing for 2 years in his shop...A real craftsman and artist...And a great guy..

We have a 10ft. wall unit that we had Noe antique for us. I also showed him a quilt with birds on it and asked him to reproduce the birds on branches. He did an awesome job! Noe is very talented, responsible, reasonable and a very nice young man. Also had him apanit and antique a wood/upholstered chair and them had Miguel upholster it.

• 2 years later...

Yes, almost directly across the highway from Telecable on the Lateral.. Great guy, an artist and craftsman who delivers on his promises. Has neat items and furniture in his shop or show him a photo and he can build it/duplicate it..

Archived