Chapala.com Webboard

New Restaurant Open

sunnyvmx

I should probably call it a cafe. The owner speaks english and is the cook. It's located in the strip of shops in Riberas between Tepehua bazar and the pet shop. We have twice eaten Sunday brunch which includes excellent free coffee with refills and a small bowl of fruit. I'm a fan of guava. A friend enjoyed the chicken fried steak for 65 pesos and we have also had several of the omelettes. They were large and filled with our chosen ingredients. Everything is fresh and delicious. The omelettes are 48 pesos. The menu has many choices for breakfast or lunch including many different hamburgers. The cook seems to take great care and knows what he's doing so give it a try. You can't beat the prices.

I don't know, but I doubt it. He must have spent some time in the U.S. because his english is very good and he definitely knows and caters to the expat choices, taste and expectation of service. A very friendly and appreciative fellow too.

• 3 weeks later...

I had an excellent Monte Cristo sandwich at Alfredo's California yesterday, the best I've found at Lakeside. The ham was black forest ham and the chicken actual chicken breast. It was accompanied by a fruit salad of orange, apple and some other fruit. Fries could be substituted for the fruit salad. Only 55 pesos, a real bargain.

Archived