Chapala.com Webboard

Very Dark Chocolate at Lakeside

johnny b gone

Lindt is good, but expensive. If you buy from either Rony or Mostly Chocolate you are supporting local talent AND getting a very good product.

I don't know about Mostly Chocolate , but with Rony am I supporting a foreign national who maybe has no work permit? and maybe pay no sales tax?..now compare that with Wallymart who employ locals, give them benefits and pay sales tax...hmmm..

Of course WM is not for everyone, but they do have clean bathrooms and I just wish I had bought their stock 10 ago

I don't know about Mostly Chocolate , but with Rony am I supporting a foreign national who maybe has no work permit? and maybe pay no sales tax?..now compare that with Wallymart who employ locals, give them benefits and pay sales tax...hmmm..

Of course WM is not for everyone, but they do have clean bathrooms and I just wish I had bought their stock 10 ago

Even when I had a restaurant here (about 10 years ago),...... Mexicans laughed at me, while waiting at the bank to pay my bimonthly taxes, saying "you must be the only one paying taxes" ..... I also had a work permit (was not easy, but got it.....)..... Now, I am permanente.

One step further......, it is likely that I will have to hire a local to help me out ( and believe me,..... he/she will be treated far better than Walmart does....... ask the cook I had.....). And.... I am still helping locals to find work. I have been doing that for 5 years and always as a free service (helping the foreign and local community). I don't like to brag about it, but I just want to point out, that "assuming", "maybes" and jumping to conclusions can be unfair, to say the least and to stay polite.

No hard feelings.

Rony

Rony, you're alright. As you know, there are a few trolls here that just like to raise everyone's hackles. I think we all know who they are by now, so rest assured the rest of us can see right through them. Even though I've never needed your services, I think it's a great thing you do.

Rony is a really good guy - if only a few of us were as good as he is, our world would be a better place,

Ditto.

Rony does good work helping people find work. He makes fine chocolate. Making unfounded assumptions is less worthy. If you don't know anything about a person, how can you possibly make them?

Rony, are your chocolates available for sale anywhere besides El Granero?

Hi, ....yes, at 6 locations now : El Granero, at Mostly Chocolate in Ajijic, Casa Mexicana (next block from the church) in Chapala, Chapala consignment store on Morelos and the Upscale bazar in Riberas (this bazar sells my gift boxes)...... and at my house across the Chapala Red Cross.

Archived