Chapala.com Webboard

REPORT LAKESIDE ANIMAL ABUSE

I picked this information up from the animal shelter. There is now an official/legal system in place for reporting animal abuse. Here is the contact information. It is through the Chapala Ecology Station, which is a member of the Organization of Biological Field Stations:

Ecology Station

E-mail: municipal1215@hotmail.com

Tel: (376) 765-8025

Ecology Station Animal Rights Lawyer:

Mayra Oriz Tejeda

maveconsultores@yahoo.com

Program Coordinator:

Laura Davalos-Lind

laura_davalos-lind@baylor.edu

Guadalajara Presidencia Municipal:

Ramiro Hernandez Garcia

Av. Hidalgo #400, Col. Centro // Tel: 333-837-4400, ext. 4702 or 4774

Email: ramirohernandez@guadalajara.gob.mx

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi !

The request from Amalia is not the removal of the whole notice,

which is helpful for those who might observe a case of animal neglect or abuse

and want to do something about it officially.

Her request is that her name and contact information be removed from the notice

as she is not involved / associated with animal rescue cases and this government agency.

I believe [?] an original poster [ person ] of a webboard posting can edit their own posting..

possibly this can be done so the remainder of the notice with this helpful information is still available.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi! There is a correction.  The email to report abused dogs is:                  ecologia-municipal1215@hotmail.com

TIA.

• 2 months later...

What about large animals?

There was a mare with her colt penned off Pepe Guizar up by the cemetery.  NOTHING for her to eat.

Sure, green in her enclosure,, but it was all castor trees & shoots - poisonous.  She'd long ago eaten all the grass & edible weeds.

Really hurt me watching her wasting away trying to produce enough milk for her undersized baby.  I would make the cabbie go a block out of the way.  I did stop & ask at the mechanic's shop who owned the property & the mare, but got shoulder shrugs... (and am fluent in Spanish).

Finally, the horse disappeared about a month ago.  I hope she didn't die.  I hope someone took her out of there & rehabbed her, got the colt onto formula.  She was in Condition Level 1 and I was dreading finding her dead there one day.

Crippled & sick as I am, I'd like 5 minutes in a locked room with the culero owner!  Just me & my walking stick & him!   And when I'm finished, I'd like to lock HIM in a tiny space & just see how much he finds to eat there, let him drink from a polluted runoff...  y despues, darle otra paliza para que no ovida su leccion!

Gah!

:angry:

30 minutes ago, Jabonera said:

What about large animals?

There was a mare with her colt penned off Pepe Guizar up by the cemetery.  NOTHING for her to eat.

Sure, green in her enclosure,, but it was all castor trees & shoots - poisonous.  She'd long ago eaten all the grass & edible weeds.

Really hurt me watching her wasting away trying to produce enough milk for her undersized baby.  I would make the cabbie go a block out of the way.  I did stop & ask at the mechanic's shop who owned the property & the mare, but got shoulder shrugs... (and am fluent in Spanish).

Finally, the horse disappeared about a month ago.  I hope she didn't die.  I hope someone took her out of there & rehabbed her, got the colt onto formula.  She was in Condition Level 1 and I was dreading finding her dead there one day.

Crippled & sick as I am, I'd like 5 minutes in a locked room with the culero owner!  Just me & my walking stick & him!   And when I'm finished, I'd like to lock HIM in a tiny space & just see how much he finds to eat there, let him drink from a polluted runoff...  y despues, darle otra paliza para que no ovida su leccion!

Gah!

:angry:

Being bilingual must have made it much easier for you when you reported the animal neglect to the numbers and emails at the top of the post.  What response did you get from them?  Maybe your report is what helped the horses be removed.

Sadly, I just saw the post this AM.  The mare disappeared a month ago.

Very sad.

• 2 years later...

I see horses all over that look so unhappy, some have ribs sticking out, tied up in the sun with no water

I think the most effective legal way to recuse a horse or any other animal is to offer to buy it. 

When I see a dog all matted and with fleas and bare spots from scratching, I don't know what to do, these animals have owners, any suggestions? The place around the corner from me charges 200 pesos for a shave and wash, most of these dogs are so bad off the salon told me they have to give the dog a little tranquilizer to lessen the trauma....but how to approach the owner without offending? If I were to offer to get the dog groomed, de-flead, de wormed.

I see a couple of large black dogs late at night looking for food, I buy dog food and leave it out for them, but, I am afraid someone will think I am leaving poisoned food.

On 12/3/2016 at 1:52 PM, Yo1 said:

Nope.  It's clearly abuse to your ears and sensibilities, but not to the dogs.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Can anyone provide updated contact information to report animal abuse/neglect in the Lake Chapala area?

Many thanks,

Val Jones

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thevalerieleigh said:

Hi,

Can anyone provide updated contact information to report animal abuse/neglect in the Lake Chapala area?

Many thanks,

Val Jones

The only thing I can find is a phone number: 376 765 8025. I'll check around and see if I can find anything else.

Here is the current information as of Jan 2022:

Chapala Ecología Dept. Call the main City Hall phone number at (376) 765-8025 and ask for ext 175. 

Or, you can call their cellphone number at (331) 101-1289. Supposedly, whoever answers this phone number speaks English. 

The Ecología office is open Mon-Fri, 8am-3pm. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have complained every year about the cattle abuse in San Antonio on Santa Fe. About 10 cattle are tied by the foot or nose to a small stake in the middle of the lot. In summer they have no shade, no grass or water, no exercise and in the rainy season their hooves are bogged down in the foot deep mud, on the same short rope. It makes me sick to see these huge animals so abused. I report it every year to the ecological in Chapala, and every year it is the same. Sickening.

• 1 year later...