Chapala.com Webboard

Churros

El Bizco

Third vote. I can't walk by there without stopping for a nice warm churro. If this place has a name, I don't know what it is but there is a green awning at the front..

He is next to the cafe Paris (main drag in Chapala) now.

That new location is dangerously close to our previous home in Chapala. Good thing we moved away in time to keep me from overindulging. I doubt that I will find churros in the Tucson suburbs.

Probably not. But you'll find them in Tucson! I'm disappointed in the new Churros y Chocolate shop in Ajijic. Even fresh out of the fryer they're just okay, IMO.

I agree with Travis. Tried one at Churros y Chocolate the other day and was really disappointed. Costco has better churros than that. I'll have to try the ones in Chapala soon.

There are 2 churreros evenings on the Jocotepec plaza. Churros from the man with the white carrito are poor (and that's being kind). Those from the other carrito are good. His brother sometimes appears weekend evenings on the San Juan Cosalá plaza. His are good, too. Both of them season their oil with a potato and a bit of sausage. (In Spain they season with bread and lemon.)

Archived