Chapala.com Webboard

iOS 8 WARNING FOR IPAD2

Wait. What?

We've been waiting to see if the iOS 8.02 would fix the problems on an iPad3. It will get downloaded tomorrow and we'll see. Haven't even been able to watch a TED talk because of the 8.0 download screw up.

Thanks for the updates folks.

We've been waiting to see if the iOS 8.02 would fix the problems on an iPad3. It will get downloaded tomorrow and we'll see. Haven't even been able to watch a TED talk because of the 8.0 download screw up.

Thanks for the updates folks.

Ferret, will you post your experience with 8.02 on your iPad 3 after you've had some 'time in the saddle', especially about TED. Thanks.

The iPad3 is my hubby's toy. I actually hate it 'cuz typing on it is such a pain in the butt. Still, I'm using it right now because I've got some gawdawful malware on my laptop.

He seems to be happy with the 8.02...except for the TED talks which are still not working properly. I did tell him that there is an app now for TED and maybe that will solve the problem. Dunno.

Gotta go...typing on this thing is like milking a mouse.

I updated to 8.0.2 on my iPhone 5S and it bricked it. Could not restore with iTunes. Apple is Fedexing a new one at no cost plus a $100 credit at the Apple store - no questions asked. This says to beware of updates. I had no problem with 8.0 on either iPhone or 1Pad not 8.0.1 and 8.0.2 created issues.

I'm on my other laptop now...this is my emergency backup>

Hubby downloaded the update to the Ted app on his iPad3...and he still can't open any Ted talk from the

e-mail that we receive daily.

So, it appears that some things are fixed and others aren't. Are we having any fun yet?

Would you share just what 'new features' you are loving....

Thanks.

The thing I am enjoying is that when a call comes into my iPhone, if I am not near it, it also rings on my iPad and I can answer the call there.

I also like that when I double tap the home button, the people I have recently called or messaged show up and I can call or message them quicker.

Hmmm... The Hey Siri feature is neat, too! When your device is plugged in (and you have the feature enabled in your settings) you can say "hey siri" and it will respond asking what you want.

There is also the ability to send voice messages through iMessage. And now the speaker dictation is in real time.

The cost of extra icloud storage has also significantly dropped. That is nice because I take a lot of pictures!

Overall more continuity between devices.

One can answer an iPhone via an iPad or Mac ( when Yosemite ships ).

Continuity also allows one to start an email on an iPhone and finish the same email on an iPad or Mac.

Wifi calling allows one ( with compatible carriers ) to call over wifi and then when leaving the wifi network to continue the call over LTE.

You're saying your iPad is now a phone too?

Not necessarily a phone, but with the new iOS and with Yosemite for Mac desktops/laptops, there is continuity. So if my iPhone rings, it rings on my iPad. And can ring on my computer (if I had one running Yosemite). It's a feature you need to turn on in settings. I can't call my contacts from the iPad (that I know of) but I can answer their calls on it.

Archived