Chapala.com Webboard

Permanent visa and a utility bill

Newbie3

When I renewed my temporary visa a couple years ago, because my rent includes utilities, I had no utility bill in my name. INM accepted a copy of my landlord's utility bill, and he signed an affidavit stating that I live there.

Now I'm going to apply for a permanent visa. My location now, once again, includes utilities. But someone told me that INM doesn't accept an affidavit in lieu of a utility bill in my name, for a permanent visa, as the regulations are stricter.

Is this true?

Has anyone recently obtained a permanent visa with a copy of their landlord's utility bill and an affidavit?

Thanks for your help.

I can't specifically answer that question, but I also am a renter and the utility bill is not in my name. In order to get my Jalisco driver's license a few months ago, what I had to do was take all my documentation to a desk on the second floor of the municipal building and get an official letter verifying my address was what I said it was. If INM won't accept what you've given them before, they'll likely accept that. Also, if you are going directly from temporal to permanente, you really shouldn't have to verify much of anything.

I recently obtained a permanent visa with a utility bill in my landlord's name and a copy of our rental agreement. Mind you, I had Spencer's office facilitating, so I didn't personally negotiate that, but it is apparently possible.

You need to get a 'constancia' document that verifies your residence, and this can be issued from the 'Secretaria General' office on the 2nd floor of the Palacia Chapala. It will cost approximately 35MXN. Items to bring and present are the original and 1 photocopy of each = either the most recent (no older then 90 days) CFE or TELMEX utility bill, the photo-page of your passport, CURP number printout, your INM residential credential card, and your RFC number print-out. Hours are 9AM-2PM Monday-Friday.

Archived