Chapala.com Webboard

Another interesting critter

One of the things I really like about the Lake Chapala area is the enormous variety of interesting creatures that inhabit the area. (And I don't just mean criminals and tax evaders.) Today I found this guy on my patio, and couldn't resist sharing. Enjoy!

centipede.jpg

It looks like something people in Simojovel lunch on. They call them satz and eat them like you would

potato chips.

I ate one yesterday as I did not know what they were offering and everyone seemed to enjoy the food. They are a little chewy m they make them very spicy and if you like beef jerky you would love those...

I was sitting on the throne in my bathroom the other when one came slithering under the door towards me. When just the head had appeared I thought it was a snake. I picked it up with a towel and put it outside.

I don't know if it is a centipede, or a millipede. A centipede is painful poison, but not death, a millipede is not dangerous. A Doctor who treats villagers in the mountains says that a centipede bite is the most painful injury he has to deal with. I had nominated the Assassin Bug and the Gila Monster, but he said no. An interesting conversation!

I don't know if it is a centipede, or a millipede. A centipede is painful poison, but not death, a millipede is not dangerous. A Doctor who treats villagers in the mountains says that a centipede bite is the most painful injury he has to deal with. I had nominated the Assassin Bug and the Gila Monster, but he said no. An interesting conversation!

Centipede

A centipede has two legs per segment, and a millipede has four (two on each side.) Now you know ;-).

Archived