Chapala.com Webboard

Annual IMSS Payment procedure changes

Natasha

Asked today at IMSS Chapala branch about paying annual fees in Guad. Learned two things that will be of interest to those who are nearing a renewal. (Not sure when these changes came into effect.)

(1) Now fee age groups have been changed -- probably to reflect ageing population. Used to be any one 60 (65?) paid the top rate. Now they have 60's, 70's, and 80's price groupings.

(2) Several years ago we used to take old paid receipts etc. to Chapala office, they did bulk of paperwork there, the "titlular" on the coverage (usually the husband) signed in front of the Jefe, and then anyone could head off to Guad to pay.

Then they changed -- very little was done here, and both the "titular" and the "beneficiary" (in the case of husband and wife) had to go to Guad, where signatures were done, payment was made, etc.

Today I was told it's back to the OLD system -- take relevant documents to local clinic, dragging titular along for signature. Then either/or/both can go to Guad, but all that happens there is they issue bank form, you go and pay, and go back for final bit of paperwork.

And by the way, was told today that if (as in our case) the husband doesn't like all the fuss etc., then the wife (me) can be named "titular" and husband becomes "beneficiario" -- meaning I would be the one to do the signing, go to Guad solo, etc. Works in our house! (Baited breath until I see if this actually happens..... :)

For those who use facilitators, can't respond, as have never used one for anything here. But somewhere along the way (now inChapala) there has to be a signature.

Don't know how Monica got around that one for osuespirit, since apparently suz must appear to sign.

OR, do they have one rule for foreign renewals and a diffrerent one for naturalized Mexican citizens? Nothing would surprise

me......... :)

If you mean the booklet with your IMSS ID number, your name, effective dates, and photo on the back .... no.... they have never used mine in all the years I've been going. They use it to find me in the computer, but there is a whole dfferent set of (color-coded? age-related?) books and they use those for actual appointments.

Going tomorrow to do the "Chapala portion". Will report if anything new since talked to them on Monday.

No more manila card or photo. My clients do not have to go to Guadalajara, I have done 2 renewals this week.

I go to Guad because I do the work myself, and therefore go to pay. (You or other facilitators would do that for them, Spencer.)

But still don't understand how their annual renewal gets SIGNED.......?

Srta. Yolanda in IMSS CHapala told me the new way (which was the old, old way) came into effect about a month ago.

Because we wanted to change "titular" and "beneficiario" I took my husband along today for the paperwork. Suspected they would at least want him to OK the change. Nope! They totally ignored his presence, I did all the signing, and have the package to take to Guad any time this month that I want to go. (Aug is our payment month.)

Sign papers in Chapala and pay in Guad

I know that..... where I've been confused is people who use facilitators telling me they have never signed anything, anywhere.

On the other hand, maybe they just aren't paying attention.....

In any case, hope these posts make it clear to all.

I asked in Guadalajara why the changes and if they were necessary and was given a half hearted answer that Chapala wanted to change some things but think Guadalajara doesn`t really care, I prefer to do it like Chapala wants so they do not cancel people which would mean clients signing in Chapala and then someone paying in Guadalajara.

Archived