Chapala.com Webboard

Canon Power Shot S2 1S Digital Camera

Any camera buffs out there that could be interested in this camera? I DROPPED it and the zoom lens is now locked in "zoom" position.

Repair place is Guad was too expensive for my taste, and don't have means to get it back to Canon in U.S. (who said they could fix it).

Opted for new, cheaper model that does the job for my "point and shoot" needs, but this is a GREAT camera and there may be someone out there who knows the model and would want to repair and use it.

Call 766-3580. And yes, I have the guide and the discs for installing into your computer.

What is the repair place in Guad, if I can ask? I have the same camera that needs work.

Laboratorios Julio. They are a well-kknown company with branches all over the place. Used to be big in all kinds of cameras and photographic stuff. Now have branched into other things as cameras have taken a little bit of a back seat. But the best place to go according to Mexicans who "know these things".

There is a branch on the pedestrian walkway (Calle Colon but blocked to traffic) just south of Av Juarez downtown. Another in Gran Plaza. If you google them, you'll find all kinds of other locations -- I know there are several. They did some other camera repair work for us a few years ago and were excellent.

Archived