Chapala.com Webboard

More Rain

the Rainy season pattern has started, rain and thunderstorms late afternoon or at night are typical in the rainy season.

The big rains in Chiapas starte a month early this year, we had rains back in April..

You should be able to change it by clicking on an F somewhere..

The westerlies still seem quite strong. We're getting El Nino moisture off the Pacific. Enough for cloudiness and some showers, but the real rains await the shift in the winds to easterly. Once nice benefit, not so hot and polluted here as usual for May.

The guys still have two days of sealing to go, so there's hope and if no rain manana, I'll have a $200p wash done on it Friday.

And my gardeners managed to pump both tinacos and the aljibe dry and left one of the pumps running dry, I can't even flush a toilet and we know the "volume" of water pumped in Riberas. WE NEED RAIN, if nothing else than to run my gardeners off.

The Pacific hurricane season started May 15. The National Hurricane Center is tracking a disturbance

off Manzanillo that has a 70% chance of turning in to a cyclone. It's predicted to move northwest. We MIGHT get lucky and get some real water out of it. Of course we won't get any help from up river unless the damns overflow. Still, maybe something.

Update. The disturbance has intensified to a tropical disturbance. Next step, if it gets there, is a hurricane. At the moment, it's moving sort of towards Baja, but the forecast says it's future is uncertain.

We got a lot of rain in San Juan this afternoon. Here's hoping.

We were just settled in next to the pool at Yves around 6 pm and felt the first drops. The four us of headed inside forthwith and were then treated to a serious thunder and rain storm outside. Over by the time dinner was finished. Rainbirds in our patio going nuts.

Archived