Chapala.com Webboard

No problem for me.

What happens when you put in www.yahoo.com?

maw

This is what get.

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at www.yahoo.com.

Check the address for typing errors such as ww.example.com instead of www.example.com

If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.

If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Yahoo has been messed up for months. Can't check yahoo web mail on my IPad since the new year and today most, if not all, links associated with yahoo (ie: currency converter, stock listing) are all wonky - "wonky" by the way is a technical term used by this frustrated yahoo users. Yahoo decided to improve service but change for change sake isn't supportable if they don't work, they should get back to basics.

Not many people like the new Yahoo, but it works fine once you get it going properly. I think the problem is that the changes they made affected web-browser settings, and they didn't account for that. If so, that makes them very, very stupid. "If it works on one machine, it will work on all."

ChapalaMan I did that and now it is worse, I should of stuck with my other modem, now I am just waiting for the birds to leave and then go get another one, I think mine was refurbished because it is an older model.

TelMex is pawning off a lot of refurbished older models. The only thing that makes them different from new models is the wireless technology: the two newest models use "n" technology, which is stronger and faster. If you don't use wireless, it won't matter... just make sure any modem you pick up is in a new box with proper packaging... they have been known to hand out stuff that was returned but not fixed, or even checked.

That's okay, it means it really was refurbished... I had to take one back: it was working fine, but had the older wireless technology. (Now of course there is a newer, better "802.11ac" type, but I have no idea if/when TelMex will get modems like that.

Johnny be gone;

- Unplug the modem for about 30 sec.

- Clean cookies and temporary files in your browser.

If you are using IE, go to tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> click on Reset...

Check Delete Personal settings.

Close IE and open and try it again.

Archived