Chapala.com Webboard

My boy returned from school for the weekend and reports that is was reported on the national news that Anita's Animals were not getting adequate food and were reportedly starving. I cannot verify this but am in hopes that someone involved with that dog/cat rescue place can comment further. This is surprising to me from past reviews of that place.

STOP READING NOW IF YOU CANNOT HANDLE CRUELTY TO ANIMALS

It was also reported that a GDL man intentionally set a dog on fire killing it. He was sentenced to a year in prison. What is wrong with the world?

I cannot believe the “nonsense” [ a more polite word than the first word that comes to my mind ] that circulates

around our community.

It would be helpful if the “national news source” referred to in the posting that allegedly said this, is identified [ and what country ] .

I find it difficult to imagine that Anita’s Animals would “hit” the national news with all the other things that are going on in this world.

But thank you for asking about the validity of that "news" item, before it circulates more.

In general, unidentified people and/or sources repeating rumors are poisonous and speak more about their own character than those they are speaking about.

At sometime in your life, I hope not, each person can be a victim of vicious rumors.

The best way to deal with rumors is to first not repeat that trash, consider the source of the rumor and the underlying motive of that person ,

and most importantly check out the facts for yourself.

This rumor certainly is not true. As was said so well by Cookie, Anita puts her cats and dogs first before herself.

Anita would never let them be jeopardized in any way - certainly not by lack of food or medical care.

Anita has pet food donated by a variety of people and she uses the money she obtains from ‘sales’

at the weekly tianguis to buy food and several restaurants donated food to her.

She may take in animals that have arrived malnourished and very thin, but within a short period of time with the

normal routine of twice a day feedings and sometimes more often feedings for individual circumstances,

they gain weight and become healthy – I have seen this many times.

To summarize – this rumor is not true. The rumor should stop.

Go visit Anita’s Animals yourself, and do not rely on other people’s opinions about this sanctuary.

Call to make sure Anita is there. Anita’s Animals is open Fridays – Tuesdays 9A - 2P and 4P – 6PM

closed 2 – 4PM and closed all day Thursdays,

She is at the Ajijijc tianguis each Wednesday from 6A – 3PM

The many animal lovers here at Lakside can help these animals also. If you cannot adopt you can purchase dog/cat food at the Riberas shelter anytime and let them know that the food is for Anita's or any other animal group of your choice. Please let your selected group know that there is a prepaid purchase waiting for them there.

These are very hard times and every little bit helps these animals in need. We will be purchasing a large bag for Anita's before the next monthly food drive.

The lesson here is to not believe stories told by children (or many adults) without verifying their accuracy. A few local calls would have been a more responsible reaction than posting an untrue, totally fictitious rumor on a local Web Board. This could be a valuable lesson for your child about learning to evaluate sources and verify information before spreading malicious lies.

I suggest that Osoprehistorico take the boy and go to Anitas place immediately and report on the actual condition of the dogs. It might be a good object lesson for both. Oh, yes..... please take a large bag of dog food to donate. The boy will remember the experience.

Be careful- the libel laws in mexico are strong.

and I agree with RV Gringo's comments.

Maybe there is another Anita's Animals in Mexico - or maybe the boy misunderstood- but this Anita's Animals in SJC does NOT have starving animals based on my ongoing personal observation.

My boy returned from school for the weekend and reports that is was reported on the national news that Anita's Animals were not getting adequate food and were reportedly starving. I cannot verify this

Anitas Animals on the national news?

This is the type of post that makes one question the credibility of the poster.

Boy O Boy! Guess I should comment further. The burning of the dog story was on Televisa. Where Anita's commentary is unknown. The boy is a 20 year old college student. I have not talked with my friend today but will, as a final comment, post what he says. I framed it as also coming from Televisa but further commentary from the boy was it was a rumor. I apologize for lumping these items together. I have told him to reference any story coming from school or have it notarized before sharing it with me.

So, when you said "your boy" brought home a story "from school" that was on "national news" what you really meant was you heard a rumor from a 20-year-old university student. You do have an interesting way of framing things.

Archived