Chapala.com Webboard

Aljibe

I used Abraham Dorado 331-480-6028 to clean my aljibe. I suspect the cost will clean an aljibe will be based on size. Mine is 3 x 3.4 x 2.5 meters which holds about 25,500 liters of water. I shut off the water valve for several days so that the water level was under a meter. He pumped out the remaining water and powerwashed the walls and floor. He extracted the dirty water, rinsed and mopped it clean. His charge was $1,000 pesos.

Abraham speaks some English and can be reached via email abrahamdorado <at> hotmail.com

While the aljibe was empty I took the opportunity to replace the galvanized tube with PVC and installed a new pichacha or check valve.

I think I paid $1,000 also to have it cleaned by Jose Luis at 045 331 326 4662. He speaks English and lives in San Antonio.

Hi is also a smart plumber/electrician.

Thanks for sharing! Did you need a plumber to replace the pipe and valve?

I did have a plumber replace the pipe and valve but that was before I decided to clean the aljibe. That was when I was chasing a water leak. Abraham is a plumber so he could do it all if needed.

A second vote for Abraham. Honest and speaks good English. He can handle many other types of general contract work. Very professional, plus he's a good sounding board if you need to discuss how to do a job and ask his advice on the best way.

Archived