Chapala.com Webboard

Identification by License Plate

There is a procedure to block license plates of a car involved in an accident, you go to the transito office

Oh, I am so very sorry to hear of this horrific act and the loss of your beloved pet. This is so sad. I do hope the Transito office can help find the vehicle and something can be done to punish the driver. This IS not only cruelty to animals but unimaginable cruelty to you as well.

So very sorry for your traumatic loss.

Valerie

Was your dog on a leash or in your garden? If not, why the heck did you allow your dog to run loose in the street?

I live in Agua Escondida which is rural. I do not use a leash. Blame me if you want. I always gather the dogs around me when the occasional vehicle comes along. The woman driver came to a dead stop and at that time the dogs went to sniff the wheels. She started up without looking although I was screaming for her to stop. She did for a second or two and then resumed and ran over the dog doing irreparable damage. She then made a terse comment to me and continued unaffected on her way leaving me alone in a desolate strip of road with a mortally wounded dog and two of my others. I had to wait for two good Samaritans to drive by and they went down into the underbrush to where she found a spot to die and I ran home for my car and they loaded her in. But she died before I could get to the vet. It was hopeless.

Do you have a witness and/or a smartphone photo or video -- otherwise, foresee a "he said/she said" scenario developing.

I have a description of her vehicle and the occupants, her license plate number, and a dead dog. I really didn't have time to be taking videos or photos. The vet will verify that she was dead. In Mexico, the first one giving testimony has the advantage. Besides, if ineffective, there are other ways to skin a cat or, in this case, a bitch.

I had a woman in a small pick-up truck run over one of my dogs a few months ago. She knew what she was doing and didn't care. She laughed when I yelled at her to stop and veered over to the side of the street where the dog was so she could hit her. Luckily the dog survived with two broken legs.

There are some mean, heartless people in this world and I hope you get this one. If she is a foreigner at least let all of us know who she is. The woman who intentionally hit mine was Mexican.

I would like to be another voice saying how sorry I am. Today, I would have run over a puppy had I not stopped and waited while someone walking by, ran the dog off. Even honking didn't work.

I love my animals and feel your pain. I guess one should use a leash all the time, which is too bad. But it would appear necessary.

I have been rear-ended twice because I had to slam the brakes on for a dog running out in front of my car.

Yes, I am sorry for the loss... but also glad nobody got killed or seriously injured either time I was hit, because a pet owner felt their pet's freedom run loose was more important than the lives and well-being of my children in my car.

I love my animals and feel your pain. I guess one should use a leash all the time, which is too bad. But it would appear necessary.

I came to that conclusion when I lived in Chapala due to the ever increasing traffic load. I found this place which is rural and full of trees and places for a dog to explore to be ideal. There is no way at 77 I could go where the dogs want to go if on a leash. The dogs stay in my yard until I walk them for the most part. Another dog or person gets their attention as do rattling vehicles. My Foxxy did not approach the truck involved here until it was stopped. Today I am off to Ministerio Publico and Transito. The animal rights advocate does not give much hope. I will be Foxxy's advocate and speak for her as is possible. Show your pets affection and love every day because you never know when one of you may no longer be around to do so.

Archived