Chapala.com Webboard

Quick oil change

Bigrig1919

I used the tire place at the Pemex on the carretera next to Comex store. I stopped by one afternoon and asked when they could do it and they said to come back in the morning - I did and they did it while I waited. I've also seen a couple of signs in the Riberas area that say oil change but haven't tried them.

Is there a place in Lakeside to get a quick oil change for our auto? I've not seen any quick Lub stations driving around the area.

If you have discovered SuperLake grocery store and Tonys Meat market next door, you may have noticed a garage immediately west of Tonys. Peek inside and, at the far end, you will discover an oil change pit. Ask, and you shall receive; perhaps while you do your grocery shopping. About 10AM is a good time to be first in line, or you could make an appointment.

I have been using the oil change / parts store on the libramiento across from the Pemex. They have a good stock of oil and oil filters and do a good job and they are fast. The price is good also. Their oil prices are about the same as Walmart.

Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! Wherever you go, be sure to inspect the the containers that the oil comes out of. They must be sealed in the traditional way that oil containers are sealed with a plastic cap. There are several facilities at Lakeside that refill old containers with old - OLD - oil.

Archived