Chapala.com Webboard

What has been wrong with the Web Board?

I think a lot of us would like to know. And the problem is that whatever the problem was it will be something technical that we probably won't understand anyway. :)

What was funny was that the message that came up on the screen suggested that we all had been banned.

The great thing is, that it is working again.

I received many emails from members who thought they had been banned, or that some other thing was blocking their access. It must have been a fairly big issue, but knowing the difficulties involved in hosting and managing a large website, I think they got it back up in record time. I'm sure that for the owners, every hour off the air was painful. I'm glad I'm not their tech guy.

It goes to show just how important this board is to our local communications. I have heard it said that there may be only 100 regular participants here. But, even if that is true, those 100 then network the info to many more. Thanks Caldwell banker!

Probably the system got overloaded / decided to protest, with all the multiple postings of the same topic; maybe someone hit a new record and fried the server! ;-)

Good job to the staff getting it up & going again so quickly.

Great!! Yea Our web board is back up and running....and I'm happy to see that it wasn't only me that was banned or 'forbidden'....good to see it back, tho there is often silly or wrong information...for the most part it is essential

to lives here.

Also was about to contact an I.T. about my own laptop...glad I waited, since it wasn't me at all at

fault!! smile

Archived