Chapala.com Webboard

Where to buy AAAA Batteries?

jh5127

You sure about the number of A's you're using, there? Never heard of quaduple A batteries. Never saw them in the States, either.

The AAAA battery (usually read as quadruple-A) is 42.5 mm long and 8.3 mm in diameter. The alkaline cell weighs around 6.5 g and produces 1.5 V. This battery is also classified as LR8D425 (IEC) [1] and 25A (ANSI/NEDA). The battery is also known by its Duracell type number MN2500 or MX2500 and Energizer type number E96.

Zinc–carbon Alkaline NiCd NiMH Li-Ion[2][3] IEC name R8D425 LR8D425 KR8D425 HR8D425 ANSI/NEDA name 25D 25A Typical capacity 300 mAh 500–600 mAh 325–500 mAh 160–170 mAh Nominal voltage 1.50 V 1.50 V 1.25 V 1.25 V 3.7 V Uses[edit]
220px-9V_innards_AAAA_removal-1.jpg
magnify-clip.png
Collage of images showing the opening of a 9-volt battery to reveal six LR61 cells, which are similar to AAAA cells.

This battery size is most often used in small devices such as laser pointers, LED penlights, powered computer styluses, glucose meters and small headphone amplifiers. These batteries are not as popular as AAA or AA type batteries, and consequently are not as commonly available.

Check with the watch repair guy who is at the tianguis in both Chapala and Ajijic. He carries quite a range of batteries.

If he doesn't have it, he can probably get it, or tell you where you can.

If no one locally has them, Costco sells them, not where other batteries are sold, but at the hearing aid center. Some of their remotes use that size.

Sizes: The AAA battery is smaller than the AA, and the AAAA is smaller than the AAA, it's about the same length but is smaller in diameter than the AAA. And it is not as popular as the larger size batteries. They are not often seen on shelves of stores next to the larger AAA and AA. So there is a good chance you never have seen one unless you are into miniature electronics

I got mine for my house cell phone at the $ store in Chapala with the plastic stuff out on the sidewalk. He had to go to Guad to get it and it took a few days but he came back with it. I had his cell # so I could check to see when he had it. Price was reasonable for that type of battery.

Archived