Chapala.com Webboard

Ninette

Bigrig1919

We had dinner last Sat night at Ninettes with another couple and loved their new location. We were very impressed with the Entertainment and beautiful setting. We decided that night that this would be one of our favorite places to take out friends or guest.

We were so impressed that we invited many more couples for this next Sat, (last night). We made resevertation for 11 people at 7 pm. We arrived at 7 and were seated. No service staff came to our table until 7:30 and then only after one of our party got up went to the front and complained that we had no water or service. Our drinks finely arrived at 7:45. This is totally unexceptable to wait 45 minutes for a drink or glass of wine. The food arrived about 8:15 and was so- so. Maybe, this was because we were all so pissed about our service that nothing would have tasted good. We walked out the front door at 10 pm. Three hours after we walked in.

They need to learn the first rule in a fine dining Restaurant business when service may be slow. Give everyone a drink as soon as possible and apologize up front for slow service that night.

No one came to out table and give us an apology on explained about our poor service.

Our whole party agreed, it will be a while before we go back. Hopefully they can get their act together, because it has the making of a great place.

Ninette's is one of our favorites and has never disappointed us. I understand your feeling the way you do. Any place can have a bad night; we've had them at many of the 'best loved' places here. It does make it hard to return after such a disappointing performance.

While a group of 11 can be difficult for a small venue, you had made reservations and they should have been prepared. It's a shame as I'm sure the other people in your party will also repeat their lackluster experience to others. If a restaurant can't handle 11 guests, they should tell the party they can't, or suggest that another night might be better.

We had dinner at Ninette's about 1 month ago with another couple. The service was very slow, did not get a drink for about 30 minutes also.

When we ordered our food, the waiter did not tell us that they did not have any quails or lamb for that night.

It so happened that 2 of us ordered the quails, the waiter left and came back 10 minutes later to advise us that they did not have quails that night. We wondered why he did not know this before he came to the table to take our orders for dinner,

I then chose the lamb and a friend chose the fish.

the waiter came back 5 minutes later and said that they did not have lamb also.

It is OK for a restaurant to not have an item from time to time, what is not OK is not to tell your customers when they look at the menu.

The food was so so, the duck was tough and the fish had no taste.

I do not think that we will return soon.

The new location is very nice but the service and the food has to improve quite a bit if this restaurant wants to survice.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience at Ninette's. My friends and I have gone to Ninette's in groups of 11 or 12 on several Friday nights, often with a last minute reservation. We've always had very good food and service. Sometimes the food is a little slow to get to us but we are having so much fun we don't really notice-and we are a big group to feed. I'm surprised to hear about missing menu items and/or disappointing food. Oscar, the chef/owner, is very professional and runs a good restaurant.

Hello friends, I am Oscar, Chef and owner of Jardin de Ninette, I am very dissapointed to read this thread about our bad service. I am taking care of it inmediatly, to improve this situation, and to be honest I dont have any excuse to say about it, all I have is a big challenge to improve and my commitment to you my friends to take your comments seriously.

I have talked to my waiters and kitchen staff about this situation and We are doing some changes (buy more glasses to serve the water A.S.A.P, etc...). I truly hope you give us another chance to serve you as you deserve!.

I hope you all have a nice week and thanks again for your comments and support.

Sincerely.

Chef Oscar P.

Thank you, Oscar, for responding to this thread. Thank you also for listening to comments it must have been difficult for you to hear. I have not been to Ninette´s since you moved but look for forward to visiting you soon.

Chef Oscar

We are coming back!!!

It's very refreshing to read your comments and for you to take full responsibility for the service we received. If you replied to this post, I was expecting to read all kind of excuses, like help didn't show up, new kitchen appliances not installed yet, etc.

Wish you best of luck and see you soon. Just bring our drinks in a timely manner and we will be happy.

We have been going to Ninette almost since the day they opened in their old location and I would have expected nothing less from Oscar or his father who is almost always there as well. We have noticed that the service is a bit slower as well but it is new and larger and the kitchen and bar are separated from one another so it is not surprising they are dealing with some new challenges. We usually go on Saturday nights for the excellent entertainment and plan to spend a couple of hours and enjoy ourselves. I agree with what one poster said. Bring my drink order quickly( which they almost always do because they know what we drink) and I'm a happy camper. For those of you who have not yet been there, the new place is big on ambiance.

Seven of us had our usual great time at Ninettes this last Friday night. Great food and service. Oscar came by to make sure all was well. Music by Raic3s (sp?) was very good and not too loud (for us). Need to get by there on a Sat to see the flamenco dancing again.

I understand there's an outstanding Spanish Ensemble performing Sat. night. Just called and got reservations for that fun event. I LOVE Oscar's food, presentation and of course, the SHOW!

Valerie :)

• 2 weeks later...

Is El Jardin de Ninette pet friendly to service dogs with proper credentials?

I understand there's an outstanding Spanish Ensemble performing Sat. night. Just called and got reservations for that fun event. I LOVE Oscar's food, presentation and of course, the SHOW!

Valerie :)

We were there when the Flamenco dancers and singer were performing and it was amazing !! The food was very good but the service was slow but we didn't care since the entertainment was so great. Should add that the place was packed so that could be why the service was slow.

I am glad you don't allow dogs. We own 2 dogs and 3 cats that we leave at home when we go out to eat.

I really don't understand why some people insist on bringing their pets with them when they dine out.

maw

I agree. I understand why someone would bring a seeing eye dog, but I think other dogs can stay home. This is an indoor restaurant with a small and charming setting.

Archived