Chapala.com Webboard

Shaw Dish & Satellite Wanted

gknippel

I have had a Shaw account for many years . My first home in Riberas i used a shaw ( Star choice ) Satalite dish . My second home I used the existing no name dish with the shaw part that directs the signal. My third home I was in a rental so I used the Telcel dish that was on the house with the Shaw part to bring in the Signal. My reception was equally good with what ever dish I used. The one difference is my no name dish was larger so I rarely lost the signal during the rainy season. I mention this to save anyone going to the expensive of buying the name brand dish if they have an alternate.

Hey, here's some great news. You can use any standard round dish with two single LNBs and a multiswitch and get perfectly good HiDef reception on any HiDef Shaw box... signal in the 80's. Two of my friends are using this setup right now.

And Mike let me add to that. It is harder to get the 75E these days, maybe because Shaw Direct is tightening down on out of country accounts (that they know about). So it looks like if my 75 E fails I can go back to using the two flashlight LNBs (they only look like flashlights) along with an extra parabolic Dish I have. I already have the old LNBs, and at worst I will have to buy another switch if I can't find the old one.

Why did I convert to the smaller 75E years ago, I'm really not sure. I can't remember. Both solutions worked/work well.

I was reading on the digitalhome.ca forum that Shaw is clamping down on both LNB and dish installation, disallowing the larger dish based on tests, unless absolutely needed. And of course most residences in Canada don't need the larger dish.

Hey, here's some great news. You can use any standard round dish with two single LNBs and a multiswitch and get perfectly good HiDef reception on any HiDef Shaw box... signal in the 80's. Two of my friends are using this setup right now.

I've seen the use of the quad 60E LNB used on a round 1 m dish as well...trickier to set up....

A friend of mine aske me to post this for him:

Wanted: Used Shaw satelite dish and receiver. Call Lester at 331.039.5150

Gracias

You might have your friend call Jose at 331-071-9900. I just installed Telecable TV and sold him my 75E dish, LNB a 505 HD receiver and a couple of 3xx SD receivers. They are all legal and now deactivated and should be at a good price, so long as you don't care about older equipment.

I am leaving MX within the month and will let the satellite and receiver go at no charge. The receiver is old but works just time. I'm not a big TV fan, so have just the basic plan which has more channels than I would ever watch. Also have the paperwork for my Shaw contact in Canada. PM me if interested. Jeanne

Archived