Chapala.com Webboard

cost of cremation ??

Take a look at LCS's End of Life program. Last I looked it was about $700 or $800 for cremation. You can with the proper documentation take the ashes back to the US yourself. (Must be sure they are not drugs.) I had a friend who brought her husband's ashes back to Mexico from the US. Lots of documentation but a lot less than $9.000.

Anyone know the cost of dying in Ajijic??? Cremation & flying ashes back to USA.

Thanks

If you will PM me, I can reccommend a Funeral Home here, in Chapala, that will do the cremation, and everything, except fly the ashes home, for 6,500 pesos, if you pay up front. That is the best, rather, more than the best, as cremation is cremation, regardless what Funeral Home one chooses to use.

• 3 years later...
On 8/17/2013 at 0:04 AM, johnny b gone said:

If you will PM me, I can reccommend a Funeral Home here, in Chapala, that will do the cremation, and everything, except fly the ashes home, for 6,500 pesos, if you pay up front. That is the best, rather, more than the best, as cremation is cremation, regardless what Funeral Home one chooses to use.

Gracias. I would like a contact number.

3 hours ago, IMBurnen said:

Gracias. I would like a contact number.

You are replying to a post of 4 years ago,.... prices have gone up.  I know the funeral undertaker Johnny b gone (johnny b gone himself passed away over 2 years ago) was talking about.  It is 10 500 pesos now. Over the years, I translated for several friends, who paid this funeral undertaker.  Some of them have since passed away and I followed up on the procedure and it did include EVERYTHING, like contacting consulate, death certificate, cremation, urn, all the paperwork.  Only one phonecall to this funeral undertaker and this man takes care of everything, no further charges, even if the person pays now and dies in many years from now.  I witnessed other people in that business, only doing part of the job.  PM me for his contact info.

Rony

26 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Very. They were recommended by the LCS and I think still are, although I don't know how that originally came to pass. They performed their duties 100% in every regard.

So you would use them again if the need arose?

My partner who just died in June had signed up with Casa Funeral San Miguel in Zapopan.  We both did this through the LCS shortly after we arrived in 2010.  Elizabeth took care of everything including picking up the US reports of death for me and delivering ashes to Chapala.  Cost was $12,000.  I would certainly use her again...and likely will some day.

• 3 years later...