Chapala.com Webboard

Santorini water delivery

San Miguel water delivers different brands; we get Santorini for 15 pesos; Javier is the guy...

don't know their phone. price may have gone up from when we started 2.5 years ago but that's what

we still pay.

Yup Agua Javier is only 15p and he is very reliable. 331-453-2221 we have used him for 4 years.

I think Pepsi is Aquafina. In which case, they apparently use tap water, at least in the U.S. http://www.naturalnews.com/021962_bottled_water_Aquafina.html

Isn't most bottled water here tap water that's been run through a filter?

Probably. Point being, Pepsi was taken to task for this practice, because as you are aware, up north labeling is very deceptive. Where I come from, most bottled water is "spring water"... not that something that bubbles up from the ground beside the highway is necessarily pure or magical...

The Santorini guys knock on our door every week. We pay 22 pesos per garafon also, plus tip. It's an efficiently run company. A couple of years ago, the driver put a little bar code sticker on our street door. He carries a hand-held scanner that transmits whatever info back to Agua HQ. One of the pieces of info I'm certain it tracks is, if we don't happen to be home when they come on their usual day, they come back a few days later to check if we need water. Que eficiente. We never have to call and wait for them.

ComputerGuy, Aquafina is definitely a USA brand owned by PepsiCo. But Santorini is also in bed with them. If you go to the Santorini website linked below, you'll see the Pepsi logo, and read how it's bottled by "Grupo Embotelladoras Unidas...embotellador autorizado de Pepsi". And yes, it all comes from the tap and is put through carbon filtration, reverse osmosis and other hokus pokus, water voodoo and magic.

Cuida de ti. ;)

http://www.cuidadeti.com.mx/_DESCUBRE/historia.aspx

Agua Katya delivers to our home in Chapala for 16 pesos a garafón.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

That first post is over two years old. I am curious what the current prices are. I pick up my own water for 15p in Riberas, and they still deliver for another peso. A friend gets water from Joco in glass bottles and never even sees the guys; just leaves the money out with the bottles. Always includes a hefty tip, but hasn't checked the prices for several years, so the price may now be higher and there is no tip at all...

• 5 months later...

Here is a useful water tip, passed on to us by a neighbor. Penafiel makes a bubbly soda water, in 2 litre size. They also sell a small, inexpensive "soda fountain" that screws on where the cap goes. I think it fits other brands of soda water, haven't tried that yet. So now you have an old fashioned "seltzer" bottle. Its healthy and fun to use, we try to use it instead of soda pop aka liquid candy. I have also found out that people make 2 litre bottle "covers" - knit or natural fiber. I'll bet that our Mexican sewing ladies could come up with something pretty quick, could sell the covers and soda siphons.