Chapala.com Webboard

KEN STOPKOTTE DETAINED IN GUADALAJARA

I do not know this man and if he is guilty or not, but the story as presented is consistent with every other story I have read or heard about cons and thieves. Con artists and sociopaths appear to be very nice and are charming. That is how they are able to get people to trust them and get at their money. If someone was not polite and charming others would not be taken in by them. What you always hear after someone is arrested is, "But he was such a nice guy (or gal)." That can even be said of people who turn out to be serial killers.

I live in the Raquet Club and ran into Jack 4 or 5 times while walking my dogs. He had a very large (100 pounds) yellow lab called Dalton. He asked me if I would look after his dog if he ever needed that. I told him certainly bring your dog over and check out my place. Twice he never showed up. It was a lovely dog. I wonder where it is? I'm tempted to go to the various shelters looking for this dog but I already have two. He told me he often walked his dog in the dog park in San Antonio? as he would meet more people there.

A story going around the RC was that his child and then his wife had died and he was travelling around to get over it.

The dog Dalton is being poorly treated. It turns out he has been locked in the yard where "Jack" lived at Raul Ramirez 66 in the Raquet Club for weeks. Somone was feeding him through the fence. Then a kind neighbour got him out and to her nearby home. I ran into them at the RC dogpark yesterday. Dalton got on very well with the kind neighbour's dog. Dalton was so glad to see my female lab her head was all wet from his licking. Then the supposed father of "Jack" came and stole the dog from the kind neighbour and was going to fly him north. I hear the dog is back in the locked yard by himself again. I'm going to check it out later. The dog has lost weight since I saw him with "Jack" several weeks ago.

The dog Dalton is being poorly treated. It turns out he has been locked in the yard where "Jack" lived at Raul Ramirez 66 in the Raquet Club for weeks. Somone was feeding him through the fence. Then a kind neighbour got him out and to her nearby home. I ran into them at the RC dogpark yesterday. Dalton got on very well with the kind neighbour's dog. Dalton was so glad to see my female lab her head was all wet from his licking. Then the supposed father of "Jack" came and stole the dog from the kind neighbour and was going to fly him north. I hear the dog is back in the locked yard by himself again. I'm going to check it out later. The dog has lost weight since I saw him with "Jack" several weeks ago.

Can't someone take the dog? The police are not going to look for it and it is illegal for the animal to be treated poorly under the new Jalisco animal laws.

I doubt the father of Jack has any authority over the animal anyway.

I went and visited the dog and it isn't that bad. He has a large yard to wander in and sheltered areas for sun and rain but he is alone. He wanted me to play with him but of course I couldn't. What MAS46 is doing will have to do for now. The kind neighbour who took him in briefly was told to leave him where his is as it is a police matter.

We are the people in the RC who had Dalton for one night. A woman came to take him to airport, so they told my partner... I was not home but my partner told me he was being flown right home that same day He is back locked up, barking all night long....this is very cruel, and of course

we appreciate who is feeding him everyday. This person told me he would be flown home tomorrow....if not what can we do???? the gate is locked, but he has been stuck there for over two weeks, just awful. no exercise, none.

I have been told it is a police matter.....why do they care about this dog. Ideas????

The dog as previously stated is being fed & watered twice daily & played with

at least three times per day. In addition the maid & gardner play with & provide

companionship regularly. I took on the responsibility to feed & water the dog

when I discoveed him on a wall where he had 2 choices, to jump 12 feet or turn

around in a space he could not negotiate. The gardner & I turned him around &

& I began feeding him & playing with him. I do not consider myself to be

his owner or father. I talked to the kind lady neighbors boyfriend on Thursday

& he agreed to let the situation play out but he wanted the dog if it were not returned

to US. I told him this would not be my decision. On Friday the boyfriend came to my

house & stated he had pried gate apart & taken dog. I told him I did not know if this were legal or

not , that it would be considered theft in US. The dog was returned Saturday & its return to US is imminent.

In response to the post about mistreatment & violation of Jalisco, the only broken law

would be prying gates apart & taking dog. The dog has an extremely large exercise area.

If you are concerned come pet him thru the fence.He loves it. In the future you might consider

your sources & pay a prior visit before posting inflamatory e-mails. Thanks

My understanding is the dog is to be returned this next

week to his family.He is not in stress. I live across the street & have

not heard him barking all night.I am in my office until 10-10:30

& don't hear excessive barking.The question then becomes

is the dogs conditon important or the desire to own the dog.

As previously stated I have no desire to own the dog as I

have three.I want him to be reunited with Ken,s family.

To put the portion of this topic concerning Dalton, Ken's dog to

bed, here is what transpired. The realtor came today with airline personnel

& a prepaid ticket to US. The dog was taken & will arrive in US tomorrow.

This all took place as promised & the dog had no problems. The only problem

that exists is who will pay for gate repair. Again, in the future it is probably

advisable to pursue the evidence & check on your sources to insure validity before

posting.

To put the portion of this topic concerning Dalton, Ken's dog to

bed, here is what transpired. The realtor came today with airline personnel

& a prepaid ticket to US. The dog was taken & will arrive in US tomorrow.

This all took place as promised & the dog had no problems. The only problem

that exists is who will pay for gate repair. Again, in the future it is probably

advisable to pursue the evidence & check on your sources to insure validity before

posting.

I think it would be impossible in a situation like this where most of us do not know the neighbors and we rely on what is being posted for us to check out our sources and "insure validity before posting." I know we are all very sorry we upset you if we cared and we wanted to make sure the animal was taken care of. How those impressions harmed anyone I cannot fathom.

In the future, if you know the facts, why not post those facts for us to read instead of getting haughty about our mistakes, mistakes made because we cared?

we heard from KenĀ“s Dad named Jack, from Ohio and Dalton is on his way to Ohio....a 250 acres farm....YEA, the courts are coming after me for helping the dog out for a night. Love it

Isn't that what they always told kids whose pups went to the pound? Don't worry son, the dog will be happier running around on that big farm! I don't doubt the dog is going to a farm, but it just sounded like that old story.... Sorry you are getting into trouble for doing the right thing.

Archived