Chapala.com Webboard

Paying CFE bill from US?

We have been paying our CFE bills online for some time with a Mexican bank debit card. They will also let you pay with a Credit card after getting further information about your credit card. I don't know if you can use a U.S. credit card.

The phone company is allowing payment with a Mexican credit card, but not debit cards as yet.

I was told that only a Mexican credit card or debit card would work. I thried several times with a USA credit card and it appears to go through. When I check back it has not been paid nor is there a charge on my card.

We ran into the same problem paying our property taxes with a U.S. credit card. Charger beware!

Pre-pay .... never heard of anyone able to pay online

Yes, there is an option to do prepay on line in the CFE site!

click in the case "pago en linea"

btn_pago_linea.png

then click on

Abonar a cuenta

then:

Monto a pagar

then:

Aceptar ...and so on....

I haven't tried paying online because it warns that you will lose any discounts and since we have managed to stay under the DAC I wouldn't want to lose the subsidy. Also I suspect they do want a Mexican card.

Some rental agencies will pay the bill for you. Don't know if they charge a fee. You might try looking them up online and contacting them.

I would think your best bet is to go ahead and register online if you haven't already, then get a friend to print the bill and take it down and pay it. You can use Xoom or Popmoney to pay the friend back and throw in a little extra for their trouble.

Banamex and Bancomer will pay your CFE and telephone bill if you set it up with them. They have paid our bills for the last 12 years without any problems Once CFE was a problem and I suspended the payment from Bancomer until CFR was straightened out and then I had the bank resume payments.

Sometimes the banks or agencies goof up and the bill is not paid. Then, the trouble begins and the owner pays anyway.

Sometimes friends forget ................................................................ Ditto.

So, it seems the best solution is to pay ahead at Telmex and/or CFE, with a sufficient overage to cover any eventuality. It works, and you can adjust when you get back in town.

Pre-pay .... never heard of anyone able to pay online

I got caught changing my accounts between two banks while away from Mexico. My account manager at BBVA helped me thru email how to pay by electronic means. It was easy and worked like a charm and its a free service for any utility bills.

Actinver will also pay CFE bill from your account.

I used to pay online with US credit card but no more...have not tried Mexican debit card...and no Mexican credit card...

Telephone can be paid with US credit card, as can cable.

• 1 year later...

The bill paying service I've been using to handle my finances in Mexico is regalii.com. Specifically to pay a CFE bill from the US use this link https://www.regalii.com/en/mexico/cfeand follow the instructions. Regalii charges a $3 flat fee per bill paid but is much safer and reliable compared to other places that claim to offer the same service. If you have any questions please feel free to ask away. :D

The easiest method is to stop by the CFE office in Chapala and use the payment machine or a cashier and pay in advance..called "anticipado". I put in enough $$ to cover our bills for approximately 6 months. The bill still arrives or can be checked online...It will show a 0 balance, you will have to keep track of your credit balance ..Have done it for several years without any issues..

I have an account at Multiva and if I know that I am goig to be gone when the CFE bill is due I got into the bank, fill out a form, and then when I see the bill online I forward it to Multiva and instruct them to pay on such and such a date. This might be an option for you.

• 3 years later...

Archived