Chapala.com Webboard

Gringos getting pulled out of cars at gunpoint and arrested

This could happen to you very soon! A law office in the area has collected money to nationalize cars and they started this year in 2013, they will give you a pedimento dated 2011, obviously fake and a tarjeta de circulacion, also fake but a nice looking fake. They also give license plates that show as stolen, which if you are pulled over they will think you stole the car and you will be looking down the barrell of quite a few guns and lose your car and liberty.

I spoke with the attorney doing this and warned him over a week ago about these papers and that he needed to check the web site and gave him a print out of the page showing other plates were stolen and told him to check all plates given. He was not very nice to me (threatened me) and someone else sent me papers for verification and yes all fake and this stinker has known for a over a week that his people were driving on fake papers and stolen plates and apparently hasn't notified his clients.

Please if a law firm got you fast papers and plates, go to this web site http://www2.repuve.gob.mx:8080/ciudadania/servletconsulta

And enter your Jalisco license plate number in the first space and remember to put the code in the last box and then hit BUSCAR. If the result comes up as CON REPORTE DE ROBO then DO NOT DRIVE YOUR VEHICLE ANYWHERE OR YOU WILL BE ARRESTED AND CAR SEIZED.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Spencer, you've done everything except, "stand on your head and spit jellybeans", to CAUTION people about this possibility.

Having a gun pointed at you, is an experience you won't forget!!

I cannot and will not say but want people to check their papers to avoid unpleasant experiences.

Nobody has been pulled out at gunpoint and arrested to my knowledge but this will surely happen if caught with plates reported stolen at a traffic or military stop. Prior arrests due to nationalization fraud were due to false pedimentos and the people were trying to get plates.

I think Spencer, like any of us who have lived here very long, knows enough not to put himself in harm's way.

However, this particular message from Spencer is alarming and, for that reason, calls for specifics, which I think can be done without endangering Spencer's life. Pretty sure he knows that.

Lexy

I think Spencer, like any of us who have lived here very long, knows enough not to put himself in harm's way.

However, this particular message from Spencer is alarming and, for that reason, calls for specifics, which I think can be done without endangering Spencer's life. Pretty sure he knows that.

Lexy

here are the specifics for you..........If you plan to legalize a car it has to go to the border, not the airport, not some local lawyers

office, to the border, the Northern one.

Lexie - the message is very clear. IF you got your car nationalized and plated through a local attorney, you could have a serious problem. If you enter your car's information into the fields on the Website provided and it says the car is stolen, you are in deep pookie. Now if you really MUST know the name of the attorney in question, stop by Spencer's office on Monday and I expect he will tell you.

For the rest of us - YEAH Spenser!! Glad we listened to him, glad our friends listened to him, wish everyone had.

Thanks to Spencer's quick response, our friends got their car off the streets BEFORE being arrested at gunpoint as their vehicle importation was false and plates stolen.

I suggest everyone contact their consul and voice their concern. The consuls may be able to put some pressure on Jalisco to get this FIXED/STOPPED quickly.

speaking of not attacking the messenger: could you reread my post? I was asking about gringos being dragged at gun point from their cars, according to Spencer's message, and being arrested. Could he be specific about this.

In no way did I ask Spencer to name the local attorney he alluded to as the person responsible for some gringos' car-transfer woes. I'm not that dumb to have asked that and he's not that numb to have answered.

It is possible--now, just possible, friends--that Spencer rushed to his computer too quickly to give a factual and careful report on what he wanted to warn us about. Later, in a more toned down and thoughtful message, Spencer alerted us to a bad situation going on and what to do about it.

Does asking reasonable questions ever carry any weight on this board?

Lexy

It hasn't happened, being taken out at gunpoint and arrested but would happen if someone was stopped by Federal or State police or military and the plates came back as stolen. I am trying to stop this from happening and help people verify their documents, the plate scam is becoming common and very dangerous, the pedimento scam and fake tarjeta de circulacion also more common.

Also, those who are getting plates from other states like Mexico and Michoacan, you will be arrested and your car will be seized when you try to get Jalisco plates even if years down the road, I spoke to the prosecutors office about this on Friday.

Thanks to Spencer's quick response, our friends got their car off the streets BEFORE being arrested at gunpoint as their vehicle importation was false and plates stolen.

I suggest everyone contact their consul and voice their concern. The consuls may be able to put some pressure on Jalisco to get this FIXED/STOPPED quickly.

I suggest those directly involved, contact whoever. The rest of us don't have enough information.

I think too that it is time that we all contact our consuls and report these despicable things happening to us when we try to legalize our cars here simply because we have been granted a permanent residence permit. Is that the price we have to pay?

How come there is still so much "confusion"? This has been going on for months and it must stop. I know more than two people who have lost their money because the "broker" did not deliver.

Has anyone correctly and legally been able to legalize their car here recently? I really like to know because I have to do it now.

I think too that it is time that we all contact our consuls and report these despicable things happening to us when we try to legalize our cars here simply because we have been granted a permanent residence permit. Is that the price we have to pay?

How come there is still so much "confusion"? This has been going on for months and it must stop. I know more than two people who have lost their money because the "broker" did not deliver.

Has anyone correctly and legally been able to legalize their car here recently? I really like to know because I have to do it now.

While going permanente has forced the car decision, no one forced people to use these scam artists. People have chosen not to listen to Spencer's constant warnings about using these quick nationalizations. Why anyone would think they can nationalize a car without bringing the car to the border, and being there with the car, is beyond me. People looking for a quick fix usually find themselves in trouble. The only people I know who have legally nationalized their cars have done so by going to the border and working directly with aduana and brokers that aduana have recommended.

Spencer your my hero

WOW you just saved us from a more horrible experience then getting scammed with false car import ( nationalize) papers and losing money by this Ajijic attorney who I trusted and scammed me

Spencer you just saved me and my wife from a horrible nightmare.

I am shaking right from the thought that I could have been caught with Illegal import papers

and would have been put possibly put in jail and I have been driving my car for over two months.

just called two friends they know of two other people with false papers paper also from this attorney.

that have been verified stolen plates, there appears to be 20-40 people caught in the scam.

thank you, thank you, thank you spencer.

you are the best.

I can live with getting scammed and only losing money, but to be put in jail, I do not think I would want that to happen to anyone.

thank you Spencer

you saved me .from a horrible experience.

It appears I am just a dumb gringo who trusted a attorney in Ajjijc who had references.by friends.

I did my due diligence and went with a trusted lawyer, with excellent reputation in the community.

It seems that, in our little corner of the Mexican World, reputation and service go further than any paid advertisement or piece of publicity for anything from dentists to restaurants to...well people like Spencer at Intercasa. Spencer has earned the respect and gratitude of many for just that. Although I am not in the situation, I thank him.

My car, bought here from a new car agency in Guad., came with the plates attached, so I do not fear the problem.

One last word: My Grandmother told me long ago, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is!

Listen to my grandmother, and the advice we get, gratis, from Spencer - learn your sources.

It seems that, in our little corner of the Mexican World, reputation and service go further than any paid advertisement or piece of publicity for anything from dentists to restaurants to...well people like Spencer at Intercasa. Spencer has earned the respect and gratitude of many for just that. Although I am not in the situation, I thank him.

My car, bought here from a new car agency in Guad., came with the plates attached, so I do not fear the problem.

One last word: My Grandmother told me long ago, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is!

Listen to my grandmother, and the advice we get, gratis, from Spencer - learn your sources.

I wish I would have takes to your Grandmother, before I bought a house and moved to the Chapala area.

While going permanente has forced the car decision, no one forced people to use these scam artists. People have chosen not to listen to Spencer's constant warnings about using these quick nationalizations. Why anyone would think they can nationalize a car without bringing the car to the border, and being there with the car, is beyond me. People looking for a quick fix usually find themselves in trouble. The only people I know who have legally nationalized their cars have done so by going to the border and working directly with aduana and brokers that aduana have recommended.

I do not understand why people have to be told over and over again to do this legally. There are no shortcuts. If you read the newspaper you will see many still wanting everyone's money to do this illegally. Listen to Spencer

Archived