Chapala.com Webboard

Chapala Directory 2013 in English

Anyone know where I can still get a copy? Is it still 75 pesos? This is absolutely the best source of contacts for anything lakeside and is growing each year. It is far superior to the failing LCS Directory which contains fewer and fewer pages and ads each year and now many of us do not want our names and addresses and e-mails printed in it as it has been a major source of spam to its members, including me. Although the LCS Directory is free to members, and I am one, and always will be, I stopped picking it up about two years ago and now rely on the Mexican owned and printed Chapala Directory in English. Just need to know if they are still available and where I can find one or two or five. Thanks

Yes they are still available. For example I saw maybe a pile of 8 today at the Guadalajara Reporter office in the hallway leading to the stairs that lead to the theater above the El Torito grocery store in Ajijic. I think Libby is charging $75 pesos per copy. I also believe she donates all of those funds to a local charity.

Pedro

El Ruco de Nacolandia (only kidding)

Thanks, Pete. Stopped by and had fun chat with Libby this morning and picked up a copy. You are correct, all proceeds from her selling the directory are going to her pet project, the Tarahumaras who live in abject poverty in caves on the fringes of the Copper Canyon and are an indigenous people which the government has never helped and are dying out, but Libby is doing her all to help them with clothing for their freezing winters, food and medical care, as she can raise the money to do so. You go, Libby Townsend.

Archived