Chapala.com Webboard

Laguna Shopping Center / Lake Chapala Society kudos

Guest verchiel

Guest verchiel

My husband was at Black Coffee on the corner of the caraterra and libramiento. After lounging around for awhile, he wandered next door to the insurance place to make an inquiry. Then he drove home.

While unpacking his pockets, he realized that he'd lost his wallet, which contained $5,000 pesos in cash and all of his important documents (license, FM3, etc.). So he called the insurance place, and they called Laguna security, and sure enough, the wallet had been turned in. So he drove back there and retrieved his wallet from Laguna security - with all the cash still inside of it.

Not only that, but when he returned home, there was a message waiting for him from the Lake Chapala Society because Laguna had called them to see if they could locate my husband.

We're so grateful and also impressed by the efficiency of it all, and the honesty too.

I'm also tickled because all of this went on when I wasn't home, and so I only had to listen to the happy ending after I returned.

If the wallet was "turned in" as stated by OP, it could have been by a patron or employee of Black Coffee Gallery. Regardless, it must have passed through several hands, including those of security personnel. All are to be commended for their honesty and consideration!! I have had numerous such incidents of honesty here. Like anywhere, not everyone is honest, but quite a few are, in my experience.

Archived