Chapala.com Webboard

FM3 photos (or whatever it is called now)

ritchie

I got mine at the shop on Ocampo, on the south side of the street, same block as Mannix but about 4 doors to the east. Very reasonable and meet all standards. I believe I paid 100 pesos for a full set.

There have been problems getting Farmacia Guadalajara photos accepted.

When I renewed mine 2 months ago, the facilitator (Papelaria) lady in San Antonio told me NOT to use Guadalajara Pharmacy.

I followed her recommendation and used Foto Luz (The Cow) in Chapala.

No problema!

I got mine at the shop on Ocampo, on the south side of the street, same block as Mannix but about 4 doors to the east.

We obtained our photos from the same shop. Driving, it's about three doors before Ocampo #30 (the entrance to both Early Bird Cafe and the office of immigration attorney Azucena Bateman). The photographer took our photos and we picked them up the following morning.

And we were also advised not to use the photo machine at Farmacia Guadalajara.

I got mine at the shop on Ocampo, on the south side of the street, same block as Mannix but about 4 doors to the east. Very reasonable and meet all standards. I believe I paid 100 pesos for a full set.

There have been problems getting Farmacia Guadalajara photos accepted.

This is just a rumour. They took mine yesterday, right out of the Farmacia Guadalajara envelope

We obtained our photos from the same shop. Driving, it's about three doors before Ocampo #30 (the entrance to both Early Bird Cafe and the office of immigration attorney Azucena Bateman). The photographer took our photos and we picked them up the following morning.

And we were also advised not to use the photo machine at Farmacia Guadalajara.

And you paid too much. It's not a photo machine, it's taken with a digital camera.

There is nothing wrong with photos from Farmacia Guadalajara. We have done ours for 10 years there and they were always accepted. 50 pesos at the Farmacia. We don't have an extra 50 each to be overcharged by someone.

Thank you all. I think I will be safe and get mine at the Ocampo shop. I too heard about Immigration not accepting the Pharmacy Guad photos. I'd rather pay a little more and not have to go back and back and back.

Gracias

Well if you prefer rumours or "I heard" over factual accounts, you can also print your own photos with your digital camera and ink jet printer.

That is the same equipment FG uses and the local Professional Photographers.

They don't want glossy photos and immigration has lost some photos so we are not turning in photos for permanentes and have our people get them at the place by the federal building in Guadalajara as if there is a problem they can go right back and there is no issue with them being lost in transit

Never had a problem with Farmacia Guadalajara photos.

For some reason immigration doesn't seem to like Farmacia Guadalajara photos. My experience in the past is that they can't tell Farmacia Guadalajara photos from photos taken at a professional photography shop. Just be sure to take the photos out of the little Farmacia Guadalajara folder before you go to immigration. When I've had them in the Garmacia Guadalajara folder they have rejected them; when I took them out of that and just presented them in a plain envelope they accepted them without question.

Archived