Chapala.com Webboard

TIP paid by credit card?

Seaesta

If I pay my TIP by credit card and my credit card is lost or stolen and I have it replaced, it would have a new number. How would I then get my TIP returned when I return NOB? I have not been able to find this info anywhere.

Thanks

It's a legitimate question. We don't have the same CC as we did when we got our TIP but fortunately, we got it before the deposit was required. Our account was hacked and we had to cancel it and open a new one.

The normal process is for them to credit it back to the account it was charged to but they can't do that if you have a new account.

So how do you get your $300 or $400 back? Anyone have an answer for the OP?

We had a credit card hacked and were able to go to the banjercito and have them change the account to the new card. The new card was then credited when we turned the sticker in. Oddly enough, our credit card has been hacked twice both times 2 months after crossing at the Nogales border. This time the bank says if we give them the old cancelled card, it will be applied to the new card. That may be bank specific.

I merely called the bank and had them transfer the amount to the replacement card account#.

Guest verchiel

Call your credit card company and tell them to leave the stolen credit card account attached to your new cc number. This will only be for the credit card company's internal system. So when your TIP is reimbursed to the stolen number, your credit card company will know to post it onto the new cc number. It is very simple and a common process for credit card companies.

Archived