Chapala.com Webboard

Directions to GDL fabric area?

Tomorrow I am driving some women to Guadalajara to fabric shop. I have an old piece of a map that shows the area (sort of) and have done a search on this site for what I can find for directions. Please, lest I say bad words in front of some women I don't know very well, can someone give me good directions to where I'm going? I think it's considered Santa Teresita? Some places I do know how to get to are Avenida Mexico, Lopez Mateo, and the Minerva traffic circle. I have also been to Plaza Mexico, though on foot. Any help you can give is much appreciated!

Since you already know how to get to Av. México, do you know how to get to the corner of Av. México and Av. Chapultepec? There are several fabric stores on Av. Chapultepec as you head north to Av. México--including the fabulous, one-of-a-kind Al Puerto de Veracruz.

Santa Teresita, the colonia where there are many fabric shops, is just to the north of Av. México and just to the west of Av. Chapultepec. Look particularly on Calle Manuel Acuña. The excellent Telas Vilver is at Manuel Acuña 1645, and there are several others along that block. Take a look at Manuel Acuña on Google maps before you start out.

Telas Vilver is indeed wonderful but primarily upholstery and drapery fabric. So depends on what you are looking for.

Vilver is several stores connected but there is a grill door and you must ring the bell for admittance.

On Pedro Buzeta, which crosses Manual Acuna, about 1-2 blocks south is Telas de Villa Nueva. Two floors - clothing, quilting and drapery fabric.

Parking lot for the store is across the street, get the caja to stamp your ticket. There is also a bead and trim shop across from Villa Nueva.

Enjoy.. I have enough fabric for several lifetimes but it's always fun to look.

In your first post, you said you know how to get to Av. México. I asked if you know how to get to the corner of Av. México and Av. Chapultepec. Do you know where that is?

I take Colon and when I get to the main large monument in the middle of the street that looks square like a house I make a left and continue on that street until you hit the Bodega and take a right on the street right before the Bodega and then you run right into everything.

Sorry I do not know the street names and have tried to look it up on Google and can't figure it out.

You could also check this out, Sasha the hairdresser sent this to me:

This is if someone was on the subway which is off of Colon.

The closest stop would be Refugio on the T1 line (the north-south line). But, that is still a good 10-12 blocks east of where all the shops are in Sta Teresita. but, it is the closest.

there are two websites:
and

Don't use Colón, just take López Mateos to GDL. It's the 'back road' from Ajijic, not the airport road. If you are coming from López Mateos, just stay on López Mateos. You will come to the Glorieta Minerva. Go halfway around the Minerva and STAY on López Mateos. There is signage.

Continue on López Mateos until you come to Av. Manuel Acuña. Turn right onto Manuel Acuña. Start looking for fabric shops.

When you get as far east as Av. de las Américas, turn right and go to Av. México. Turn LEFT onto Av. México, then RIGHT onto Av. Chapultepec. Telas Al Puerto de Veracruz is on your right, Telas Parisina is on the left.

Here's a Google map: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Av+Chapultepec,+Santa+Teresita,+Guadalajara,+Mexico&hl=en&ll=20.679848,-103.368645&spn=0.02128,0.024333&sll=20.679286,-103.376198&sspn=0.042559,0.048666&hnear=Av+Chapultepec+Sur,+Guadalajara,+Jalisco,+Mexico&t=m&z=15

If you are looking for Upholstery or Drapery fabrics LYON's on Ave Americas near Manuel Acuna and Ave Mexico carries US Brands of quality Designer Fabrics i.e. Robert Allen etc.

They also fabricate drapes, roman shades etc and will install at Lakeside- Best in GDL for custom work.

Yes the way I go is you take Colon to the right, off Lazaro Cardenas, but my directions are not good, cause I don't know the street names of where you take the left, but it is so easy when you know the route.

Archived