Chapala.com Webboard

REUPHOLSTERING BY MIGUEL

Just had a large arm chair re-upholstered by this young man based upon recommendations on this board. I cannot sing his praises enough. I chose a very difficult to match striped pattern and he lined up everything perfectly. Had a neighbor who was an interior designer in NYC come in and see my "new chair". He could not believe the quality of work and Miguel's ability to match the difficult pattern that I chose. He said that it rivaled any work that he had seen in NYC. Miguel is a humble gem. He did all of the work and delivered the chair back to me even before his deadline to do so. Just wanted to join the chorus of others that recommend and use this young man. Truly exceptional and a delight to do business with.

Green door is correct. Actually, the building is light green but it only has about a 20 foot frontage ,which is deceiving because the interior is very large. At the very eastern end of Riberas on the mountainside, next door to a restaurant named Brissas or something like that and just before you hit the westernmost malecon in Chapala. Please go and just walk in and say "Hola Miguel" and he will pop up from his workers and greet you, show you around , show you fabrics and come to your home for a free estimate. It is a great idea to go there and see his quality of work first hand. That is what I did, also. When I saw the quality of work that he was doing for others, that is also what sold me on MIguel. Beware when entering his shop as his entrance door has a metal bar at the bottom that you need to step over, which I almost missed twice.

Miguel is great, he has done a lot of work for me. When he had some leftover Sunbrella fabric from covering my cushions, I brought him my little dogs bed (Costco kind) which was pretty ratty. He recovered it in my leftover fabric and it looks fabulous and matches the furniture on my terrace

Miguel has recovered my car seats a number of times as well as repairing a leather recliner and numerous other items He does beautiful work. My seat eating dog has grown up and moved on to other less destructive pursuits .

I agree, his work is marvelous. He is also a lovely young gentleman and speaks excellent English. Very patient with his customers, also very honest.

I was considering reupholstering 8 DR chairs, and he told me that, in his opinion, it would not be a good use of my $$ because the chairs weren't in good enough condition to handle the work. I thought highly of him for that - he could have just done it and let me find out later the hard way.

Archived