Chapala.com Webboard

passport renewal

googoo

The U.S.consulate is at LCS the first Wednesday of every month (May 8th this coming month since May 1 is a Mexican holiday).

Allow 30 days and you can pick it up at LCS the following month.

Signup list is available at 10 a.m. and the consulate arrives at 10:20 or so and stays until done.

They don't take U.S. cash or checks or pesos. If you need the whole procedure, post again and I'll give additional info.

Cash turned into a cashiers check at Banco CI in the new plaza across from Walmart, next to Wings Army, NO OTHER PAYMENT FORMS ARE ACEPTED LAKESIDE. At the consulate in Guadalajara you may pay in cash, dollars or pesos.

Cash turned into a cashiers check at Banco CI in the new plaza across from Walmart, next to Wings Army, NO OTHER PAYMENT FORMS ARE ACEPTED LAKESIDE. At the consulate in Guadalajara you may pay in cash, dollars or pesos.

And remember to tell the bank that you need a check for the U.S. consulate for a passport so they make it out correctly.

The U.S.consulate is at LCS the first Wednesday of every month (May 8th this coming month since May 1 is a Mexican holiday).

Allow 30 days and you can pick it up at LCS the following month.

Signup list is available at 10 a.m. and the consulate arrives at 10:20 or so and stays until done.

They don't take U.S. cash or checks or pesos. If you need the whole procedure, post again and I'll give additional info.

I've got to renew soon and would very much appreciate you posting the whole procedure -- Cost, paperwork to bring, etc. Is it pretty dependable that they get the new one back to you the following month?

Thanks!

Ist Wednesday of every month, unless a holiday, at the Legion 9AM in Chapala, then at LCS.

Go online for the application and instructions. Have that filled out and be prepared to sign with the officer.

Get the check for $110, I think, at the bank mentioned above: CI Bank.

They will take your application and passport, so do not plan travel until the new one arrives in a month.

Yes, the amount is $110 for new passport/renewal. Do the application on line and don't forget to

bring passport photos. There is sometimes a photographer there; otherwise you can use one

of the local photographers and if you use Farmacia Guadalajara, take the photos out of the folder

that they give you.

May 1st is Labor Day.

It is dependable for one month turn around. If you need it sooner, ask when you apply as you

can generally pick up at the Consulate in Guad in about two weeks. And when you pick up

at LCS you do not need to sign the list, returned passports are given out first.

Instruction list with further information is on the consulate bulletin board in LCS office

but this about covers it.

Just google us consulate gradalajara passport application and it comes right up.

Don't know why but I can't add a link.

You can renew a US passport at any time. It is good for 10 years but you can renew it during any of that time period. Technically, you could recieve a new passport today and go reapply again tomorrow. Makes it nice that you can renew without being boxed into a time frame.

Archived