Chapala.com Webboard

Water pipe locating - who has the equipment?

Has anyone hired a contractor or plumber that owns one of the water pipe locator devices? We can not find the turn off for my propery, and this has been two groups of people who have looked. Please let me know if you know of someone.

Thanks, Valerie

For locating equipment to work the pipe would need to be either metallic or have a tracer wire buried beside it. Most of the water pipes here seem to be plastic (PVC). Keep digging.

For locating equipment to work the pipe would need to be either metallic or have a tracer wire buried beside it. Most of the water pipes here seem to be plastic (PVC). Keep digging.

There is a device that will detect pvc pipe through concrete. Many companies in the US and Canada have them. I was hoping to find someone here who does. The water pipe we can not find is the one that brings water from the street. We have not been able to find the turn off valve and one contractor thinks that another contractor plastered over a rock wall where the valve was. We'll see!

Why don't you try using divining rods.? Someone in Ajijic taught me how to use them . At first they didn't work for me so he had me practice a few times over a bucket of water.

The guy who taught me was trying to follow the course of an old mining shaft which ran under my driveway. It was amazing, the rods were just 2 coat hangers bent at the end. I can find water anywhere now.

Why don't you try using divining rods.? Someone in Ajijic taught me how to use them . At first they didn't work for me so he had me practice a few times over a bucket of water. The guy who taught me was trying to follow the course of an old mining shaft which ran under my driveway. It was amazing, the rods were just 2 coat hangers bent at the end. I can find water anywhere now.

Yesterday I went on the internet and watched a video on how to do this. Then I went to my closet and had to laugh. Hundreds of hangers, but not one wire one! I think I am going to have to have to try the experts or find a dry cleaner. Thanks!

Archived