Chapala.com Webboard

i have seen busses from torittos going west @ top speed. as i said it looks like more than 70 miles per hr. ofcause they go thru the light. they will stop @ colon, then speed on for the rest of the route.

i never see anyone creep @ 24 miles per hr along the highway strip. this is not enforced. where are those traffic police?

In any built up area I always do the speed limit of 40K I guess you don't since you've never seen anyone do it.

I've been in a few situations where I was intentionally driving slow. Once the federalis stopped me, late at night.

"is there a problem with your car?"

"No problem"

The officer checks my liscense.

"How do they say in US.....you drive like old woman."

"Señor, I AM an old woman".

i have seen busses from torittos going west @ top speed. as i said it looks like more than 70 miles per hr. ofcause they go thru the light. they will stop @ colon, then speed on for the rest of the route.

I also witnessed a White and Yellow Bus #1 driving down Ocampo . I could not believe how fast it was going.I have never seen one going that fast. 60mph??? at least. It was so reckless and even the Mexicans standing by were appalled. There are children and animals and cyclists

that never could have gotten out of the way. Isn't there some place you can report this?

I prefer to do my traveling about town thru the villages. I used to make sure I got in front of the buses going thru the village so I wouldn't have to bother with the stops. Until one day I watched it go that fast, just varooming down the street without regard of anyones safety. Now I make sure I am in front of it and I go slowly. They are not shy about kissing the bumper.

golden bead, once i took the small bus. he was going close to 70 miles per hr. his friend was sitting on the ledge of the bus. the game was that the driver would stand up while driving & the other friend would take the wheel. they would change places. other times they are on the cell phones & drive w/their elbow. sometimes they are eating a take out, while driving. they also will stop the bus & send a friend to get the take out. no you cant report the small busses.

LaChula posted that the driver was driving slowly and nevertheless could not avoid hitting the child. The driver paid for the child's funeral and other expenses and, I believe, has been released from jail.

In many parts of the world you are automatically guilty to some degree, even if the accident was a pure unavoidable accident. The concept is simple: If you had not been there, it would not have happened. Therefore, you may reside in jail until all available financial needs have been satisfied. If the other parties have needs, but no resources, you may end up paying, just to get out. I once lived where a taxi passenger was automatically 10% at fault in the event of an accident. If he had not hired the taxi, it would not have been there. Simple, no?

Archived