Chapala.com Webboard

Has anyone used Maurice to Legalize their car?

How do you notify Aduana of the new visa when received? Thank you.

We do the notifications for $300 pesos, drop off and get you a stamped, received copy and return next week to pick up the letter that they generate acknowledging receipt of the document. We also place our address on everything and we receive mail easily to notify you immediately if something is wrong but also to understand when something is received as many do not read Spanish and others have spotty mail service and that could negatively affect them.

Also part of our fee is to fight or to clarify if you did everything properly so there is someone to fight for you if they arbitrarily decide to try to cancel your permit or take your deposit.

Alan With your statement anyone getting a new type visa that has a tip car would be illegal There is no FM 2 or 3 so we are all illegal when we renew our visa under the new program until the aduana or whoever rules what will be law

Regards Phil

Not according to what the Friends of Mexico meeting on April 9th stated. Only the classification for rentista no longer exists when getting a Residente Permanente in hand. There still is a classification rentista [retiree] for Residente Temporal and their TIP can be still good if notification is done properly to ADUANA.

First time Residente Temporal rentistas who have the document attached to their passport from a Mexican consulate have been getting TIPs at the border for 30 days [document in their passport is for 30 days] and then when they have their RT visa in hand can notify ADUANA by mail and recieve the letter to extend it until the 1 year expiration date on their Residente Temporal rentista visa. Since last month they are not giving out Residente Temporal visas for more than 1 year, no more 1, 2, 3, or 4 year options for first timers.

I would not worry or focus on the semantics involved, as hard as that may be, but the classifications are what is important at this moment in time it appears. They have not stopped doing business because of obsolete terms and the classifications are changed in some cases but line up with the NAFTA agreement. Alan

We do the notifications for $300 pesos, drop off and get you a stamped, received copy and return next week to pick up the letter that they generate acknowledging receipt of the document. We also place our address on everything and we receive mail easily to notify you immediately if something is wrong but also to understand when something is received as many do not read Spanish and others have spotty mail service and that could negatively affect them.

Also part of our fee is to fight or to clarify if you did everything properly so there is someone to fight for you if they arbitrarily decide to try to cancel your permit or take your deposit.

So if you didn't leave a deposit when you brought your car in it isn't necessary to notify Aduana?

Since last month they are not giving out Residente Temporal visas for more than 1 year, no more 1, 2, 3, or 4 year options for first timers.

Alan

Not to accuse you of being wrong on this... but....I just renewed my old and first year "Non-Residente Rentista" for 3 years in late February through Spencer's office. I received my new "Residente Temporal" card the first week of April and it shows an expiry date of March 24, 2016 (Renovacion/Renovation 1 on the back). My TIP shows an expiry date of March 26, 2013 so I asked Spencer to notify Aduana and to see if we can get the expiry date of the TIP extended to match the expiry date of my new "Residente Temporal". Technically the TIP is now expired and beyond the 15 day notification period. I have not heard of ANYONE yet who has successfully obtained an extension of the expiry date of their TIP after receiving the new "Resident Temporal". If I do, I'll let you know. Right now the vehicle is parked and I am afraid to drive it anywhere.

Thank you. We came down before a deposit was on file and had you do this for us last year. Now we have our Temporal in hand and guess we should do it to be safe.

Not to accuse you of being wrong on this... but....I just renewed my old and first year "Non-Residente Rentista" for 3 years in late February through Spencer's office. I received my new "Residente Temporal" card the first week of April and it shows an expiry date of March 24, 2016 (Renovacion/Renovation 1 on the back). My TIP shows an expiry date of March 26, 2013 so I asked Spencer to notify Aduana and to see if we can get the expiry date of the TIP extended to match the expiry date of my new "Residente Temporal". Technically the TIP is now expired and beyond the 15 day notification period. I have not heard of ANYONE yet who has successfully obtained an extension of the expiry date of their TIP after receiving the new "Resident Temporal". If I do, I'll let you know. Right now the vehicle is parked and I am afraid to drive it anywhere.

30 dayTIPs have been given out at the border to Residente Temporal US Mexican consulate document visa holders, as I mentioned, attached to their passport.

They are not allowing people to choose 2, 3 or 4 year options starting around the middle of March. You applied and were approved before the date in March so they did not have you redue your application.

It is unclear if only first timers who apply for a Residente Temporal are subject to this change or others but the Excel file I have a link to above states all Residente Temporal are classified as visitantes and the RT is only good "up to 1 year" now. I had applied in Nov. and optioned for a 2 year RT.

Do you mean that if he is Mexican, then, he is not honest?

Of course not! However, most Mexicans do not know that it is illegal for them to drive a temporarily imported vehicle without the importer present. Many expats are also ignorant of that fact. Since you are a true newbie, you are forgiven but your suspicion really was inappropriate.

While those who didn't leave a deposit are not required to notify aduana, it is a good idea as they will have stamped papers from aduana with their name and vehicle information. We file the notifications and receive responses from Mexico City. so far we have received responses but none from notifications with the new immigration documents.

Your quote was completely out of context. RVGringo was stating that a Mexican cannot drive a foreign plated car unless the owner is also in the car. Was nothing more than that.

No one can drive your foreign TIP, Mexican or Gringo unless the importer is in the vehicle or the car is driven by authorized family members. Read the conditions of your permit. Also only an authorized customs agent can help you with the importation of your vehicle and they have a 4 digit code that you can check with aduana for validity.

No one can drive your foreign TIP, Mexican or Gringo unless the importer is in the vehicle or the car is driven by authorized family members. Read the conditions of your permit. Also only an authorized customs agent can help you with the importation of your vehicle and they have a 4 digit code that you can check with aduana for validity.

If you read the law I think it reads that anyone with the same type INM as the importer. the old FM3-FM2, and family members can drive the vehicle. Anyone with a permanente status or who is a MX citizen cannot drive a foreign plated vehicle and cannot drive it without the importer in the vehicle.

When I applied for my Permanente, I got a copy of my FM-3 and a paper saying that my application was in process. Guess I'll ride on that until I get a new visa and show it even after if I think I can get away with it.

The way things are going, it may be November before I get a new visa anyway.

There are people "nationalizing" cars in the Melaque area of Jalisco and I don't believe they even talk to Aduana. They have some way rigging the papers and getting Jalisco plates. People get paid, papers get signed and the owner is out $2500 pesos.

A person in the local Foto Shop can arrange it .... what does that tell you?

Thanks for everyone's input. I did not hear one bad word about Maurice and I did receive one solid reference and he provided another.

As it happens, I am glad to say, a Canadian buyer came forward with an acceptable offer and they will fly down and take the vehicle back to Canada. So, no worries. It will not be imported (legalized).

I did hear from a Canadian man who said that, if vehicles are road worthy and safe..... but not worth a lot to the person stuck with a Canadian plated car, he could find people who would come and get them and donate them to working, new Canadians.

So it is something to think about. We will have the process nailed down with this sale and will share what we learn. You may be able to get a tax receipt, at least!

Spenser.

I have read of a few posters elsewhere that have gotten ADUANA to expend their TIP after the tramte from previous FM visas to Residente Temporal now.

"My old "no-inmigrante" expired on March 7th so I went to INM. I went in January to ask what to bring so that I would be prepared when I started the process 2/8." Note 30 days before expiration date. This is in the SMA INM office.

They took the new RT card to ADUANA on April 10th. The TIP had expired on March 7th. and : "To end this on a positive note, the folks at Aduana in Queretaro were wonderful and it took the very nice young lady there all of 5 minutes to do the renewal." More than 15 days after March 7th.. Alan

Everything gets sent to Mexico City or at least from here doe who issues a written statements on it as they control the permits. not sure with your area.

Archived