Chapala.com Webboard

New Financial Requirements - Much ado ???

As explained to me a few years ago, and even more relevant now, given

the new minimum income requirements .......

I have a small investment at a brokerage office NOB which generates about

$800 US in interest and dividends each month.

Each month, the $800 interest and dividends at the brokerage is transferred

electronically to my NOB bank where I maintain a checking/savings account.

Each month, about $600 of the accumulated funds in the NOB

checking account is transferred to my bank account here in Mexico.

So, using statements from the 3 bank/financial institutions, I can

prove a monthly income (based on bank deposits) = $2200 US.

A few comments...

If you already have an immigration document and live here, no financials needed, if not (and this means an application outside Mexico) they will want to see 6 months and your income will only be enough to qualify you for a temporal document UNLESS you can show 12 months stmts from your brokerage account with $130,000US or more then permanente is no problem, even if jumping ahead here too.

Where it is converted into dollars it depends on the current exchange rate.

Residente Temporal applications for retirees and pensioners. Applicants must submit documents proving they meet one of the following requirements:
Original and copy of proof of investments or bank accounts with average monthly balance equivalent to 20,000 days of the minimum wage in the Federal District during the last twelve months, or
Original and copies of documents showing the applicant has monthly employment or unencumbered pension income greater than 400 days of the minimum wage in the Federal District, for the past six months.
The legal minimum daily wage in the Federal District in 2012 is 62.33 pesos, so 400 times that is 24,932 pesos, or $1,890 dollars at today's exchange rate of 13.19 pesos to the dollar. This amount is increased by 50% for each dependent. So, a married couple applying for the new Residente Temporal visa are required to have a minimum monthly income of $2,835.

Archived