Chapala.com Webboard

You just go to the Aduana building/kiosk when returning, (as long as the date on the sticker you received hasn't expired), show them the certificate from your sticker, they remove the sticker, and the money goes into your account. When you know at which place you'll be crossing, someone on the board will be happy to let you know where the Aduana is for that crossing. It's easy once you know the procedure.

We don't even get out of the car...just stop at a little booth and they look at all the paperwork, passport and pull the sticker...shows up on our credit card within 2-3 days...we never have gone over the 180 days.

You can get the deposit back. If your sticker expired while in Mexico be sure you did a notification of new immigration document on time. We have had many who didn't get their money back but who did notify and from a few weeks to a few months later we have helped them retrieve their refunds.

The first time I did it with a credit card and they returned my money in 4 days. The problem, it was $22 short by the time I got it back. I asked the next time I went, and they said they refunded all $300 , so the problem was MY BANK. I had already talked with my bank, not their problem, but what can I do? So, since then, I leave the $300 in cash, and every time they return the $300 in cash to me. Not really a problem yet, as the lines have been very short, and I need to go inside to return my tourist card anyway. I cross at Bridge II in Laredo.

Might have something to do with the exchange rate. or the tourist fee could have been included with the initial charge.

The first time I did it with a credit card and they returned my money in 4 days. The problem, it was $22 short by the time I got it back. I asked the next time I went, and they said they refunded all $300 , so the problem was MY BANK. I had already talked with my bank, not their problem, but what can I do? So, since then, I leave the $300 in cash, and every time they return the $300 in cash to me. Not really a problem yet, as the lines have been very short, and I need to go inside to return my tourist card anyway. I cross at Bridge II in Laredo.

It's probably the exchange rate..............I lost some last year also. :):)

Archived