Chapala.com Webboard

House Hunters International

pbush

We were in the running for House Hunters International...We talked to the spokesperson who is in charge of finding people for future shows. We got to the point of submitting the application along with pictures of our house and had high hopes of them coming out here in April. We were in line for the producers to review all our info and was hoping for a call. Sad to say we never received one....I may submit again since they were first going to show the house we sold but will submit again and see if they are interested in the house we bought.

Anyone knows what they are looking for exctly? Buyers? Sellers? Some properties on the show go from uninteresting cookie cutter places to some very nice places. Do they have a buyer and look for that buyer or what is their angle? Weren´t they looking for a large remodelling at one time?

The buyers on the show already have purchased the home before it is shot on location and they look at 3 homes (1 of which they have already purchased and the one they pick in the end).

Usually, this is accurate. But not always the case. I know this because I know two people who did these shows (though not the International one).

So are they looking for a certain type of person to do the show¡ Since the house are slightly irrelevant because they can pick whatever, is it the personnality of the "buyer" home owner that counts? what are they lookinf or there?

OK, we were scheduled to be on this about 3 years ago. The Realtor who wanted us to do it sent in a "audition video" and we were called several times by producers etc. who said they loved the tape blah blah. They also told us that they wanted people who have ALREADY purchased the house and then pretend to buy it as that is why the people always end up buying. However we were on hold as they had covered Mexico extensively!!!

Considering that Lakeside has the larger foreign population in Mexico it is strange that the area would not be shown..very strange, they have to have other reasons because the ones I have heard so far do not make sense.

Are they getting money from some realtors? Perks? Something is off or does not work for them Lakeside. They seem to like covering beach areas but few inland areas. Merida was covered, was San Miguel? beside beach areas which areas have they covered in Mexico?

They actually have wandered in and out of here a couple times. They are looking specifically for younger personalities and for wowzer properties. Since they reverse engineer the show I would think they just haven't found anything particularly show worthy with good personalities. Val is a great personality. I think she should give it another go. There was one show on the area quite a while ago. We enjoy watching it and the non-international version. Over the years we have seen a couple Mazatlan and San Miguel, an Ajijic, a Manzanilla, a couple PV and Acapulco, 2 DFs, 2 from Merida and several Cancun.

I have never seen the ones in Ajijic, San Miguel or DF so I guess I am not paying much attention ,Lucky me all I have seen besides Merida are shows on the coasts which I have very little interest in and lots of shows on the beaches all over the world as well as capitals .

I

I'm fluent in HHI having been in contact with a producer (who we're still in contact with). We almost got someone from Ajijic on the show a couple of years ago (who I think posted earlier in this thread, but not certain since that person seems to change their screen name every other month. :P ) Anyway....

It's TELEVISION. They are looking to make good TELEVISION shows.

As described above, they want buyers who have already bought, then they re-create the "search" for the house. The HHI criteria a few years ago was it HAD TO BE a couple UNDER THE AGE of 50, who were charismatic and, for lack of a better phrase, "camera ready".

The latest criteria is they want couples UNDER THE AGE of 40.

You can see why it's difficult to find appropriate candidates for the show in this area based on that criteria.

Even so, it's obviously a sliding scale on the age-thing. And by no means do you have to have bought a McMansion. So if anybody knows a couple who meets that "youngster" criteria and is interested in being on the show, feel free to send me a private message and we'll have our people call their people so they can call your people. Or whatever.

HOLLYWOOD BECKONS!

Ok that makes sense sense since you disappear from any advertising plan past 40..you are just too old . Now we know we only have to present some god looking or fun younger couple, that leaves most of the town out but there has to be such a couple so it is up to us to find this rare bird!

You have to wonder what they are thinking. They had that lady looking for a house in Indonesia while she was wearing a dress so short you could just about see her butt. Indonesia is a Muslim country, and she must of really popped some eyes dressed in that outfit.

All of the men on the show go looking at real estate dressed in shorts and sandals. They look like bums. It is just more white trash TV.

They just did one in Huatulco...so if they have already purchased a house (which is why they can show them living in the house months later) do they go back to actual houses they looked at in their search or are they just looking a any old empty house that's available at the time of shooting? I love this show but reading this thread, my bubble is bursting!

They just did one in Huatulco...so if they have already purchased a house (which is why they can show them living in the house months later) do they go back to actual houses they looked at in their search or are they just looking a any old empty house that's available at the time of shooting? I love this show but reading this thread, my bubble is bursting!

We love this show also and watch it all the time.

Archived