Chapala.com Webboard

Flying internationally with Volaris

mpb

I am leaving with a travel letter, while my fm is now going permanent. I leave with Volaris at terminal 2. A friend, on a tourist visa, that has left before with Volaris, said there was no immigration people there and they only turn in their tourist visa at the check in counter.

Has anyone experienced this before and how to deal with it in order to get your letter stamped in order to return with the same letter? Does one have to go through terminal one with immigration and check out with them before trotting over to terminal 2?

I know not of volaris but I have left directly from the little terminal diectly to the states. First i went to immigration in t-1 and had stuff stamped. Then I trundled over to 2 dragging my luggage behind. If you've too much they have a red cap who canbring it over.

I have walked from 2 to 1 a few times and vise versa..... its a pretty easy walk and the porters are cheap and there are many.

That is news that some of the Volaris international flights are now going from Terminal 2. I took both my Volaris International flights from Terminal 1, but that was 2012. Things are always changing.

I know not of volaris but I have left directly from the little terminal diectly to the states. First i went to immigration in t-1 and had stuff stamped. Then I trundled over to 2 dragging my luggage behind. If you've too much they have a red cap who canbring it over.

Thank you for first hand info. I wasn't sure if that was necessary, but I now know the proper procedure needed. Without your info, I could have spent a 1/2 hour or more to find that no one there knows anything about it and then go back to terminal 1 and go through another long line to get back to terminal 2, only to find I missed my flight.

I recently flew on Interjet to Orange Co. and used an exit letter as my card is in process to permanente. I left from Terminal 1 where the only INM window is and since you need to get the letter stamped, terminal 2 departures would require a trip to 1 first to get this done as noted above. You now fill out only the small stub on the form which they stamp and then turn that in at the counter when you get your boarding pass. You keep the blank larger part of the form to fill out when you return (or if you use a fresh form from the plane, tear off the stub) and get the form stamped the second time. You must turn the letter back in to INM within 15 days of your return, I believe. I used Spencer and they will take care of that for me.

Archived