Chapala.com Webboard

iPad Question

I recently bought an iPad at theApple store in Guad. When I set upmy profile, it would not let me enter a US address. When I went to the iBooks store, it would let me see only books in Spanish. When I tried to buy a novel in Spanish by Carlos Fuentes, it told me that my credit card, a perfectly normal Bank of America Visa that I regularly use in Mexico, isn't accepted in Mexico.

Anybody else have this experience, or know what to do about it?

Thanks.

NOt an expert- but I bought an Ipad in the US for a Mexican friend- it was in English-

he had it converted to Spanish- He bought from Itunes etc in Mexico - using his Mex credit cards

He then bought a newer version and gave me the original- But he had to have it totally cleaned and reset to ENGLISH -for me to use my US credit cards- maybe easier to take back to the store and have them set it

option for many languages and key boards in the system which may be the issue- once its set to spanish you have to pay in pesos with a Mex credit card.-

]

I've noticed this problem with many web sites - it you order in English and ship to Mexico - US web sites are NOT set up for Mexican addresses and causes all kinds of rejects

I solved this by having a Mexican bank Credit card and pay in pesos

I recently bought an iPad at theApple store in Guad. When I set upmy profile, it would not let me enter a US address. When I went to the iBooks store, it would let me see only books in Spanish. When I tried to buy a novel in Spanish by Carlos Fuentes, it told me that my credit card, a perfectly normal Bank of America Visa that I regularly use in Mexico, isn't accepted in Mexico.

Anybody else have this experience, or know what to do about it?

maybe easier to take back to the store and have them set it

option for many languages and key boards in the system which may be the issue- once its set to spanish you have to pay in pesos with a Mex credit card.-

Thanks.

It has nothing to do with the keyboard and you do not need to take the iPad back to the store. I have set up several iPads bought in Mexico for the Canadian or US store. If you PM me with your phone number, I will call you and help get it set up.

Archived