Chapala.com Webboard

When there was the panic with JAVA I disabled the programme. I know there have been some updates to this programme and I was wondering if it is safe to use now. Can one enable JAVA again or is it necessary to delete and reinstal? Disabling JAVA prevented me from accessing my crossword puzzles and I would like to have them back. Thanks for any advice.

I am a Mac user and asked Bob Mitchell, the local Apple expert, about this. He advised to keep it disabled. I do the Globe and Mail cryptic crossword and if I want to do it online I click on "run" when asked by Firefox what I want to do. However, when I close that page it is disabled and then I have to manually decide what to do the next time around.

I uninstalled the Java and reinstalled it. When you reinstall, there is a little add on program that you should not install. There is a little box that you uncheck. I am sorry, I don't know off hand what the name of that little program is. But Java has been working fine without it. I also like my jigzone.com puzzles and they won't run without Java.

Archived