Chapala.com Webboard

Popular Lawyers Lakeside

"bigd", i meant to address my post #48 to "islander" (sorry). "valgal" how is this a smart cookie if she already has acted foolishly on a forum viewed by hundreds of expats? many who are not new comers, & can teach her a thing or 2. zillions of retirees all over mexico do sites, print thier own books. not an original concept. yabba yabba.

She wrote a book, after moving here and living here for a short period of time. I know people who have bought the book, so it is selling. There are a lot of posers acting as experts on all kinds of things here. I think many of us posters appear foolish quite regularly.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it is called vanity press. anyone can pay to print their own book, put in stores. we also can pay to see which lawyer she recommends (from her vast experience w/legal pros). oh wait, we can read it here free.

it is ok to recommend the lawyer that worked for you, but also give a chance to another lawyers. Most of non-mexicans choose the most popular here, because he is an american,. Remember, the main reason why INM permits non-mexicans here is because Mexico expects them to spend money in Mexico and to use the services of Mexicans!

Remember there are 9 of us between my 2 offices and I am the only non Mexican, 2 others used to work in the courts. I have some very talented people. I choose to work with other attorneys if I do not have experience in certain areas rather than let my ego take control, I win cases and get results no matter if it means partnering with another. People like my work attitude, technology, answering my phone and paying my bills timely and having a stable location close to government offices and lots of staff between Guadalajara and Chapala to drop off and pick up papers. Few can compete with that. I do it for the love of it and not to extract money out of people, some attorneys milk cases, I prefer to resolve them. I love generating honest work for people and where we stress education and constant learning.

I worked in a law office with Azucena and know her personally and can attest to the fact that she is an attorney and has her cedula profesional or federal attorney card.

Thank you for posting that Spencer.

Yes, Azu has both state and federal accreditations. She is a long standing and well respected member of this community - (I wonder how many know where the bateman came from) it is sad to see the newcomers unwarranted taunts:

Good to know. She hasn't won any points with me, though. I assure you, I was very polite.

I would suggest that if you want to view these accreditations, probably the best approach is to NOT send an email requesting the information and telling her that you are not particularly impressed with her actions i

Actually - so you really weren't very polite - not at all. As a friend of Azu's I do think you owe her an apology. I also realize that you don't care what I think - and that is fine with me as I am not the issue. You have made one (an issue) - on this board - very unnecessarily. And - from my perspective diminished your credibility, not Azu's.

Oh, heaven's mod - close the thread! Too much name calling. Send out some warning posts! This too ridiculous to be encouraged!

There is nothing offensive about this thread and bennie is right it is informative to newcomers especially. I have never understood why people who have nothing informative to offer always demand a thread be closed. I don't know how information is offending you but if it does, don't read it.

Just wondering, if I emailed someone doing business in Mexico asking them provide their RFC number, if that person would respond to that request. And if I didn't hear back from them within 2 hours, should I then write back to them that I assume they don't have one. You know being polite and all that.

a stranger emails a lawyer or doctor for thier license #. this is unacceptable anywhere. ofcause azuana was not going to give personal info over the internet. (???) this was a controntational appoach. if i was checking out a lawyer here, i would pay for the consult. (maybe 1/2 hr). i would be introduce myself via email (or telephone, or come in). i would inform them i am writting about the legal system in mexico, (focusing on local attornies, for my online magazine), "may i come in & speak w/you"? if i was able to get the consult, i then ask would ask about training, certification #s. the ajijic lawyer may welcome this, as they would get some additional exposure. i would thank them for their time & take their card. this is not so much about mexico, but about general social graces in the business world.

Just wondering, if I emailed someone doing business in Mexico asking them provide their RFC number, if that person would respond to that request. And if I didn't hear back from them within 2 hours, should I then write back to them that I assume they don't have one. You know being polite and all that.

If you are not doing business with that person or even doing business you do not have a legitimate reason to need the number, why would it be provided to you no matter how many times you ask? Do you need the RFC number to do business with someone? I doubt your gardener or maid have given you personal identification numbers.

I have a CURP number, similar to an RFC number. If someone emailed me wanting my CURP number without a legitimate reason to receive it, I would tell that person to take a hike. Why would anyone think others are required to provide personal information?

Archived