Chapala.com Webboard

Egg Poacher

Arjay

Does anyone know where I can buy an egg poacher Lakeside, please? Any idea of price. WalMart don't appear to have them (surprise !!).

I tried using ramekins in a saucepan and the eggs stuck so badly I couldn't get the egg white off, even though I sprayed them with a non-stick spray.

You might try the "kitchen" store on Madero in Chapala. It's between the vet's office (Cow) and the Plaza on the same side of the road. You might be surprised at what you will find there. We bought a food processor there after having looked at all the larger stores.

Yes, interesting video, will have to try that. As far as an egg poacher, I've been looking for one here for quite a while and have never found one. Looked at the various local "kitchen" stores, looked at larger ones in Guadalajara, but have never found one. If someone does know where one can be found locally or in Guadalajara, please do post as I'd like to know too.

I have to agree with Cristina. It's easier to just learn how to poach an egg from scratch than to screw around with various "Egg Poachers". I've tried a lot of gadgets in the last 50 years. Hot water, salt, and an egg work best.

uj

Thank you for this video - easy when you know how. But I wonder what would happen if the water was gently simmering instead of an exact 80 (have to buy a thermometer).

Also have to use a plate that wouldn't crack in boiling water. Interesting about fresh eggs not floating and draining off the liquid first. Will give it a try.

I have an egg poacher that you use in the microwave but I haven't gotten the timing down right. I bought it in the States at Walmart. I am going to try straining it first and then boiling it like in the video.

Thank you for this video - easy when you know how. But I wonder what would happen if the water was gently simmering instead of an exact 80 (have to buy a thermometer).

Also have to use a plate that wouldn't crack in boiling water. Interesting about fresh eggs not floating and draining off the liquid first. Will give it a try.

I don't think water boils at 80 degrees and no plate will crack at 80 because we wash dishes at higher temperature than that.

Archived